Chapter: 22 - The Chase

Tru Colton

Tru Colton

I had been a month since the incident. Security was extremely tight around the house, I was never left alone except when I went to shower and even at that Carmen on occasion would stand at the door making sure I didn't faint.

My pain was at a minimum now which I was grateful for. The memorise...they would never leave me, I guess. I know it's not healthy, but I pushed what happened with Richard to the side; I should probably talk about how I feel and seek help.

But the truth is, I want nothing more than for everyone to move on from it and pretend it never happened. My friend Dawn; she was abused and molested as a child. When she moved out, her coping mechanism was to in fact talk about her abuse.

I guess it just wasn't for me.

I tossed and turned on the bed for a while, Ashton was still in his office working. I know he still hasn't come to terms with it yet. I think to be honest - he's terrified for me.

Don't get me wrong, he'll never admit that. He would be too busy explaining how he would kill every man in his path if they ever dared to lay a hand on me.

I gave up trying to sleep – again – and walked down stairs to the kitchen. The house was still surrounded with security outside and inside. I picked up my black silk dressing gown and threw it over me before heading down stairs.

I gave a curt nod to Marcus who stood outside my room. His eyes widened and panic rushed over him. "Miss Colton. What's wrong? Is someone their?" I rolled my eyes resting my hand on his forearm.

"Stop fucking call me that. It's Tru. And nothing's wrong, I can't sleep, so I'm heading to see Ashton." He looked hesitant then nodded. "Okay, I'll walk you down." I held my hand up shaking my head. "I'd rather you didn't. I just want some piece and quiet for a sec." He looked once again hesitant, but remained stood at the door.

I silently applauded myself and walked down the stairs, and along to Ashton's office. I knocked on the door briefly and heard Ashtons cold voice.

"Come in." I slowly opened the door, poking my head in. He was sat behind the desk, looking down at his computer typing away. "Was is it?" He asked never looking up. I furrowed my brows and folded my arms over my chest, kicking my hip out.

"I said what is..." he stopped when he seen me standing at the door. I arched my brow at him and pursed my lips. "I didn't know it was you." He smirked pulling out his chair for me to come sit with him.

I walked over and perched myself on his lap. Ashton and I haven't slept together since Bali. It wasn't as if we didn't want to obviously, but I think Ashton felt the need to give me some space. I was grateful for that, but in the same breath...I want to move on with my life. Not focus on the bad parts anymore.

I spent majority of my life hiding from my past, hiding from my parents – not literally – and keeping as much distance from people as I could. I just wanted to stop thinking about the past and focus on the future and what lays ahead of me.