Chapter: 30 - It's called Progress

Ashton King

Ashton King

"And when do you think this will be fucking possible Greg!?" I yelled across the room. My hand inching closer to my gun in it's holster. I've been sat in a meeting for the last four hours, discussing a plan to find Richard. I hedged my bets that he would show up to my gala. But then again, that would have been to easy considering how much I had upped my security.

I was probably in even worse of a situation with Tru than I was last night. She had left around 3 hours ago to go out and I sent 4 security guards with her. The look on her face told me she wasn't impressed. I called multiple times to speak to her and was given as suspected; the cold shoulder.

I know what I did was wrong. I knew it from the moment I payed the fucking Russians to have her back. But I also knew that if I left her to go to him, she would be dead. Totally and completely dead. And I would have hated myself if I let that happen to her. Not to mention I would never have got her for myself again.

Marcus stepped out of the conference room, taking a call. I stood and began. "I don't give a fuck what we have to do now. If it means I kill every person on the planet until I find the fucker I will! He took what was mine, hurt what was mine, and betrayed the King family and disgraced the name. This man will only die at my hands." I clenched my fist closed on the desk.

Anger boiled with in me at the thought of what he had done to my fiancé. Of how horrifically he treated her, but worst of all...that I wasn't there to stop him.

"We have everyone in Italy looking out for him Sir. What else can we do?" Greg muttered from across the room. I pulled my Glock 17 from my holster and placed a bullet between his eyes. I was in no mood to be patient today.

Marcus walked back into the room, taking a quick look to the now dead Greg and gestured for a few of the men to clean up. "Tru's back home." A wave of relief washed over me knowing that my fiancé was home and safe again. "She was looking for you, but Leo told her you were here and she went up stairs." I nodded, placing my gun back in its holster. "Who else is home?" He shook his head.

"Able and Carmen left a while ago and your parents where out already." I was pleased that the house was empty. Though I was in the wrong with what I had kept from Tru, I still needed her home and protected. "Ok. Do me a favour and have security surround the house. Tru's in a pissy mood and I wouldn't put it past her to try and run." He nodded and walked out of the room. I can only assume to give directions to my main security team.

"Back to the subject at hand. I want him found by..." I stopped when I noticed all my men's attention was focused on the door. There Tru stood, her golden skin sculpting a navy with black lace trim lingerie set. Her toned, flat stomach glistened under the dim light, everything about my fiancé is perfect. Her hair was neatly framing her face, her perfume engulfing the room and the smirk on her face told me she was all to happy about the reaction she was not only getting from me but from the rest of the room.