Chapter: 28 - Fake it till you make it

A/N: Hey guys, this chapter is 4263 words long hope you enjoy it! How are you guys liking the story so far? Who's your favourite character? Make sure to comment and ask any questions! Love you all. XOXO

Ashton King

Ashton King

She sat with her elbow rested on the edge of the window. The figure hugging white dress she wore, only helped enhance her beauty. The designer heels giving her legs more extension. Her eyes, god I love her eyes.

She used her thumb to twist her engagement ring around over and over again. Her eyes sad, alone, lost. She moved a piece of hair that fell in front of her face to behind her ear. Her new diamond bracelet that I left on the bed for her asking her to wear it tonight sparkled under the dim light of the GLS Mercedes lights.

But something was off.

"Are you alright?" I asked reaching over to hold her hand. She flinched then liked her lips. Her eyes looked down to my palm that rested over hers. Her eyes were glazed with tears. What has happened?

"I'm fine." She lied. She moved her hand out from under mine and pretended to fix her dress, a way of getting me to move my hand. She looked back out the car, still with the lost look on her face.

"We have arrived sir." My driver - Landon - called through to me through the intercom. "Circle the block once more." I wanted to understand why my fiancé was upset before we enter the gala, considering we we're about to announce our engagement.

Tru turned, looking at me bewildered. "Why?" Why did she think?

"I want to talk to you." She turned and looked back out the window. Her hand that was rested on the window clenched with what I can only assume to be anger. "Tru." I turned my body, pulling her hand to hold. "Tell me what's wrong." She looked to our hands again then up to me.

"Ashton, I told you. Nothing is wrong. Drop it." She pulled her hand back and laced her fingers together on her lap. "Clearly there is. You've just made it quite obvious." I was slowly loosing my temper. I can't solve the problem if I don't know what's wrong.

"Let's just go to your gala..." I interrupted her. "Our gala. We're engaged Tru." She swallowed hard then looked up to meet my eyes. "And then back home. I said to Carmen that I would watch Start tonight to give her and Able time alone." She gripped her purse. Something was definitely off, and I had no intention of letting what ever was wrong go.

"Tru if you don't fucking tell me what's wrong..." she turned to me. Cutting me off mid sentence. "Ashton, I suggest you choose your next words wisely. Right now, I'm willing to do anything to get away from you." The car came to a halt. Tru opened the door and stepped out the GLS Mercedes. Not bothering to wait for me.