Chapter: 16 - Honesty

Tru Colton

Tru Colton

"Tru, I want answers! I don't want to sound like a bitch, but we need answers!" Carmen's soft tone turned rugged. "I don't want to talk about it Carmen." I said sitting down on the chair in the doctors office.

Carmen and London forced me here when I tried to make myself sick again. "I don't give a shit if you want to talk or not. Your going to need to talk to the doctor when she comes in anyway." Just as she said that the door burst open revelling Ashton. He was stood in his usual all black suit with a white shirt, the top three buttons opened.

"Seriously!?" I groaned turning to Carmen. She shrugged and stood up. "The doctor will be along soon." Carmen kisses my cheek then moves out of the room closing the door behind her. Ashton sits down beside me and turns my chair to face him. "I don't want a lecture Ashton." He shook his head and lifted my chin to make me look at him.

"I love you Tru." My mouth opened slightly and before I could comprehend what he said the doctor walked in, closing the door harshly behind her.

"Miss Colton?" She asked. I was pulled away from my day dream of Ashtons features. "Tru." She nodded and looked to Ashton. "Is he ok to be here?" I never even thought I just agreed. I trust Ashton for some reason. I trust him enough to open up about the darkest time in my life to him.

"Alright, lets get started." She collected the files in her hand and read them.

"Your current weight isn't worrying me. Your 115 lbs which is fine for your BMI. However, your blood sugar has dropped significantly. I'm more concerned at the cause? Talk to me about your life." I gulped, looking at her then to Ashton.

"Present life?" I asked shakily. "Let's start with the past." I shifted uncomfortably in the chair. "Well...um." I was so nervous I couldn't talk. I reached over and took Ashtons hand hoping for some reassurance. He squeezed my hand and it was all I needed.

"I was in a relationship, about a year and half ago. He wasn't a very good guy, and became quite rough." Ashton squeezed my hand tighter, his knuckles turning white. "I know this will be hard Tru. But I need you to open up." I nodded before continuing.

"Well, he...I wanted to break up and the night that I told him, he hit me." Ashton pulled his hand away and held onto the side of the chair, I didn't mind. I could see he was angry. And part of me felt protected.

"He beat me a round a lot and I started asking myself why? I thought that it was because of my body. I though I wasn't skinny enough or pretty enough. But then I started doing it because it was just instinct. It was the only way for me to feel better. Eventually, he got involved with the wrong people and they killed him. I was left behind, and I'm grateful  for it." She smiled sympathetically at me and turned to Ashton.