Chapter: 19 - Killer

Ashton King

Ashton King

Maverick: How's the trip son?

Ashton: It's great. We have just had dinner and about to go see the rest of the island. How are things going back home?

Maverick: Catherine and Audrey Colton are still in the basement waiting for when you come back. Abel seems to think that there could be an attack from the Russians soon or maybe even the Americans. But don't stress son. Enjoy your time with Tru.

Maverick: She's good for you Ashton.

Don't I know it.

Ashton: We'll be home in a week. Keep me updated.

I switched off my phone and placed it back inside my pocket. Tru and I hadn't long finished our dinner. We decided to go for a walk on the beach, but before she had to use the restroom.

I was getting impatient with the Russians and the Americans. Of course, they wanted to attack...for what reason? I don't know.

The Russians - probably because they had already made the deal with Tru's father. And where now looking for her in return.

The American's? I honestly don't have a clue.

Tru was taking forever and worry set in. Did she relapse? Was she trying to be sick again? Was she hurt? Did she faint? Or worse.

Did someone take her?

I walked over to the bathroom and before I got to the door, I seen Tru's YSL purse laying on the floor. I bent down and picked it up. I knocked on the door and there was no answer. I twisted the door handle and walked in to the completely empty bathroom.

She wouldn't run. She's got nothing to run from.

I took out my phone and walked out of the bathroom standing outside the door.

I called Nico.

"Boss?"

"Do you have Tru?"

"No, last we seen her was with you."

"CHECK THE APARTMENT!"

I hung up the phone. I was to angry to speak. I needed to find her.

I opened her purse and dug through until I found her phone. I don't know what I was thinking there was no way she would have taken her phone if she got kidnapped.

Nico and Marcus came running along the walk way to the restaurant.

"She's not in there boss." Marcus heaved. I racked my brain with possible answers to wear she could be. Or who could have taken her.

A bell boy smiled and nodded at us as he walked past. I pushed Nico and Marcus to the side, grabbed the bell boy by the collar and threw him to the wall. "The woman I was with. Di you see her?" I demanded.

"N-no s-sir I swear." I eyed him for a second then let him go. "I want CCTV of everywhere surrounding the island. NOW!" I roared at Marcus and Rico.

They both scurried off taking their orders. I stormed back to our apartment and began pacing away our clothes. My mind floated back to Tru.

She was strong, but how strong? Could she fight off a real attacker? Who the fuck am I kidding. Of course, she can.

I swear to god, if anyone lays a hand on her. I'll rip them to shreds and hang them around their town for everyone to see. You don't take from Ashton King.

I made a few calls and had a helicopter arrive to take me back home. Until we found Tru I needed to get my team together to come up with a plan of attack.

Nico came rushing into the room holding pictures.

"We took these off CCTV. It looks like she was taken just as she came out of the bathroom." The CCTV showed my baby walking out of the bathroom, she smiled and looked down the corridor at me.

From behind her I seen two figures moving. Both wore black hoodies, which hid their faces. One wrapped their arm round her waist and covered her mouth with a cloth. The other walked in front of her. And just as her eyes where about to close she looked into one of her attackers eyes.

She knew them.

And that only made me angrier.

I sat for a moment and thought about the people we both knew. It had to be someone who wanted to get my attention and knew me well enough to know to go after Tru.

My family would never hurt her. I knew that for a fact.

I got on the helicopter with Nico, Marcus and Leo. As we flew back home, I made several calls getting everyone into my office for as soon as we land.

I informed Carmen and Abel as I knew those two would be on the case with getting everyone in. Abel was already stressed with the possible attack from the Russians, and even he knew that this wasn't them.

The Russians don't fuck around. If they want something from you, they do it right in front of you and not behind your back.

We landed on my driveway leading to my house. I hoped out leaving my security to get our bags. I ran into the house and down to my office.

Abel, Carmen, my father and mother plus all my main men were seated in my room. I didn't acknowledge anyone, instead I walked straight to my seat and sat down at my desk. I placed down the CCTV images I had and opened my laptop.

"We don't know who has Tru as of yet. However, I'm thinking she knows who has taken her. In one of the images you can see in her eyes she recognizes the person. I want everyone on this. Carmen and mom; you will both need to stay here. I can't risk you getting hurt." Abel and my father nodded in agreement.

Carmen and my mom stood up and took the photos. "We'll get the CCTV footage and see if we can get a clear image then." They both left taking the photos with them. "Leo, Marcus and Nico. I want you three to gather as many firearms as we have. Everyone else. Get the SUV's packed with SG516's. I want her found and who ever took her. Dead."

Everyone follows their orders leaving me alone in my office. I can't help but think back to her flawless body, mind, heart.

She's the strongest woman I know, yet the kindest. I don't deserve her.

Carmen walked in along with my mother holding a lap top. She sat it down on my desk.

"You only just left. What did you find?" I clicked the screen. They had a clear image of one of the attackers.

Carmen sighed, rubbing her bump. I shouldn't give her and Abel any more stress they weren't far from having the baby. Their gender reveal got cancelled a few weeks ago because we had reason to believe that the Russians would attack then.

Mafia life is destroying everything and everyone I love.

My blood boiled, my heart raced, and my fists clenched when i looked at the image on the screen. Even though I only knew one, I was sure as hell going to make the bastard regret the day he was born.

"Richard."