Chapter 08: Argument

Warning/s: heavy profanities

"Dude, are you fucking serious? What do you mean she's gone missing?" Mike magnified his eyes in nervousness as he repeatedly strolled in an uneasy manner inside their basement. Everything when silent after he just replenished the atmosphere with rage and bewilderment. Will and Dustin exchanged glances and deliberately shrugged at one another, predicting this is another assertion this night to occur. The younger Wheeler just certainly adores the girl with all of his heart, he can't lose her again this time, not anymore in his entire life.

Lucas shook his head, disagreeing with the behavior their friend is currently revealing. He has the right to panic and be concerned about Eleven, however, it's sad for them that Mike was only focusing on her these days. Everything was blundered up and many innocent lives have been taken away due to the Shadow Monster they fought last week. It was a tough day for everyone. The black-haired boy was still traumatized by their suffering before especially Jane was the most affected. She sacrificed everything even her powers were now slowly vanishing away from her strengths.

"I don't know, we haven't heard about her since the incident at the Starcourt Mall happened. We are all worried about her, Mike. It's not just you, don't be so selfish. Calm yourself down because we can't solve this dilemma if we just keep upsetting everything here." Sinclair crossed his arms and leaned his back against the couch they used to sit with. It's now a little tiny for them. A stressful sigh escaped from his mouth and simply swiveled his eyes, avoiding his gaze.

"Because she's, my girlfriend!"

"Stop dreaming, Michael. Have you forgotten? She just ended your relationship with you." Dustin interrupted him immediately, internally agreeing with absolutely pointing out the word 'our' at him. Mike soon furrowed his eyebrows because of his utterances, and that made him go closer to Henderson, tossing him a glare that glistened into his brown eyes. The curly-haired gazed up at him, waiting for something furious to appear from Wheeler.

There is a minor hesitation before he could respond. "That doesn't even matter, I love her, and I care for her is what certainly matters." He bowed down to him and responded gently, searching for fear in his blue eyes. Unfortunately, he can't find any sign and proceeded to leave the three inside the basement, going downstairs.