Chapter 12: Good Bye, Starcourt

Warning/s: mentions of heavy profanities

"What? Seriously?" Steve widened his eyes at Robin while working on the Scoops Ahoy, ignoring the indistinct crowd and everyone around. The girl nodded, showing the mullet-haired lad the board of record if he does rule or suck, she wiggled her eyebrows after sensing the triumph. "Really? You're doing this shit right now? We are talking about something serious, come on." He shook his head in annoyance, couldn't believe she is still sticking to that approval based on his service using his attractiveness to customers, especially to girls around his age.

"Woah, ease your nerves up, Mr. Harrington." Buckley scoffed at his demeanor and rolled her blue irises after. She then moved the whiteboard away from his sight and initiated her attention to him. It's their last day of serving here at Scoops Ahoy since the branch in the Starcourt Mall later, unfortunately, will bid its final farewell due to the captivated tragedy.

The entire building was not destroyed but only the inside where the monster dwelled and wandered in the spot. The government lets the people around the city at least cherish the last presence of the structure that has been there since the incredibly early years of it. Policemen were carefully securing the closed damaged part of the mall for the safety of everybody, only a few individuals were able to stroll around today. Who would not be traumatized?

"You know, it's a shitty decision for this mall to open again, I mean, what happened was an enormous nightmare for everyone! If it wasn't for our salary, I won't be going back here again." The short-haired girl shook her head while crossing her arms, earning a smirk from Harrington.

He had admitted, Robin was different from any ladies he had crossed paths with, those beautiful ocean-blue eyes led him to adore her, especially the brave soul she has and Steve's heart sincerely warmed for Buckley. Sadly, on the other side, she confirmed the feelings weren't mutual with him, however, Harrington instead wishes to make their friendship last longer no matter what. The girl has been his greatest companion against the dark side of the world and the dilemmas.

"Stop ranting about it, Buck. I know you enjoyed it here because of, you know, girls." The brown-haired lad winked at her and ended up earning a disgusted expression from the lady. He grinned at himself as he found it hilarious due to her reaction. "Ugh, that's lame. And for your information, I only like Tammy." She responded while cleaning the surface of the cashier area, as Steve nodded in response. He already realized he was greatly lucky to have a best friend like her, no one did ever let him encounter real happiness but only Robin.

After everything was settled into peace, there was a sudden announcement that replenished the whole mall, and it replaced the crowd's audible noise. Everyone's awareness was captured by it, dropping a vast confusion on people's faces. "Hawkins National Laboratory was caught and reportedly established again. Many citizens in the city were now starting to feel the anxiousness running on their enthusiasm to carry their children outside their residences. The government was commanding every one of you to stay home starting at midnight. Lastly, the municipality will conduct a minor lockdown for all your safety. Thank you."

Steve and Robin exchanged terror manners that surrounded their moods. They gawked at each other for a few minutes, comprehending what that declaration means. Apprehension soon obscured their hearts, desiring this won't give them another circumstance in their lives. They have risked their existence before, not wanting history to repeat itself once more and this new occurrence directed that it was now goodbye to Starcourt.

"Holy shit. Eleven." The two simultaneously asserted.