Chapter 37: Adieu To The Hargreeves

The woman stood in front of the window of her office, but this time not admiring the view, instead contemplating why Five betrayed her all this time. However, she wasn't surprised when she discovered there is no improvement in the abduction of Eleven because The Handler knew very well the fifth Hargreeves is too soft to get his siblings in trouble. An evil smirk developed on those lips covered with dark red lipstick. After all these failed attempts, she will manipulate Eleven into thinking Five plotted his kindness only to obtain her.

"How can you be so sure? That girl is not a naive type of child. She knows when to trust someone and when to not." Lila said. The daughter is leaning against the couch while her hands are crossed and wore a worried expression. The woman in a black dress soon faced her. "At least, Herb couldn't spy on us anymore."

She still has that evil smile and continued to blow off the smoke from the cigarette. Herb is currently in danger. He is currently locked up under the ground of the Temps Commission and was outsmarted by Lila. The world is cruel to him for now. He was captured eavesdropping through the CCTV cameras one time. The man is also in a hopeless case situation regarding how to get out of the place because everything is concealed in strong metal. There is no likelihood to escape there furthermore because of security cameras in each corner of the area.

"Five won't be fetching updates on our plan anymore." Her eyes lit up in triumph.

Lila went near to her mother and was dissatisfied with the plan against the Hargreeves. So, she crossed her arms once more. "They combined as one. Don't you know that?" Those thick eyebrows raised and waited for a response that can pass her standards. "This is a huge disadvantage for us because there is a possibility, a big possibility they can end us in no time. They are skilled. Don't underestimate what these siblings can do and Eleven. We have to fight too. We also have to take an action."

The Handler fixed her sight on the beautiful view in the window as she did earlier and thought of something to respond. She doesn't yearn to disappoint her daughter to assume she has been accomplishing these tasks for nothing. The woman made sure her hard work will pay off. "Don't worry. Brenner will be here with us tonight to hunt them. I won't waste time anymore. I need that girl with you."

The white-haired woman emphasized the word again. "Tonight, darling. Tonight."

Brenner and The Handler proceeded to scheme together to obtain what they desire. For the doctor to get her daughter back, and for the woman and Lila to perform the apocalypse with Eleven. To end the world and completely remove the Hargreeves siblings from history. These people have been indeed frantic to do destructive things to others just to obtain something they can benefit from. Evil ate their souls.

A knock on the door made their eyes shift in no time. "Come in." Said the white-haired lady.

"Ma'am, sorry to interrupt you. We are here to inform you everything is settled for tonight's agenda." One of the employees stated that earned an enormous bliss inside the woman's heart, thinking this is the end of the opponents and the start for them.

The woman excitedly responded as her smile widened. "Thank you. We'll be there once we come to terms here." The employee nodded and left the office. The Handler sighed in relief as Lila finally beamed.

"A wonderful adieu, the Hargreeves."