Chapter 25: Hargreeves... Who?

Warning/s: profanities, mentions of guns

The Griswold and Scoop Troops family immediately headed back to the Wheeler's basement, their typical place to doze off and clear aspects out neatly. It's an intense exhausting day for them and quite unfortunate for Mike because he just encountered his love interest coming with the girl that has a questionable identity for him. He stared blankly at the ceiling and sighed heavily as he delicately rubbed his eyes to at least refresh his sight. The lad still can't get over how Eleven just reached the dangerous dimension of her life.

"What has gotten into her, though? I'm fucking upset." The second Wheeler jabbered through his psyche as he managed not to show off what he currently feels. His expression remained calm and disappointed until this time.

"Mike, are you even listening?" His thoughts came back to reality when he heard the red-haired girl, Max, screaming a little at his face. She aggressively cupped his cheeks and subtlety gave slaps on them. There was a sudden uncertainty drawn on her manner when she realized how he behaved oddly. All their attention was on him and now have understood he felt miserable judging by his looks, concluding the youngster was thinking about Jane.

Steve sought and deep inside already had enough of the problems their lives were heaving on them. "So, I was saying, I heard their opponent has mentioned a surname? Or a name? I don't even know, not sure." He shrugged after as he bit his lower lip, gazing back to Robin, gesturing her to back up his impressions. She magnified her eyes in confusion as silence entered the essence for a while.

Snapping her thoughts once again, she stuttered slightly, "Uh- yeah. Kinda heard it too but I'm not sure. Maybe some of you here have heard it... clearly?" Buckley beckoned, pointing her hands to the smartest one of the smartest among them, Lucas. They are so much thankful they have someone like Sinclair and Henderson, the youngsters have the brains. The two best friends could help them with logic and mysteries, or how they could survive any circumstances.

Sinclair furrowed his eyebrows because he was not also certain if ever, he heard it right. Nudging Dustin beside him, he widens his eyes, signaling the curly-haired lad to respond to their unsolved contradiction. Before he could speak up, he tossed each one of them uneasy glances, as he was about to mumble out the answer. "I surely just heard... Hargreeves? You know, the lady who squealed the surname has an intense accent, it's really hard to comprehend." Dustin nodded to himself, leaning against the wall behind him as he crossed his arms, and shifted his sight to the ground.

That made the whole group reach the whole silence and they could only consider this moment as the most peaceful period of their lives. Mayfield was tapping the table, threw her gaze at the ceiling, and at the same time, thinking of an idea or suspicion about who might be the girl who brought Eleven.

She cleared her throat and uttered, "Guys, maybe we can search their family background through newspapers, maybe they are known or something, criminals? They surely would be in the newspaper if ever those people are delinquents." The red-haired girl raised her eyebrows, waiting for an answer from them. She rapidly regrets her suggestion when she has discerned those disgusted and disagreed manner through their expressions.

"Or maybe not..." Mayfield then leaned back on her seat, pursing her lips in embarrassment.

"It's actually a brilliant idea for me. Well, it's the safest thing we can do to investigate those... Hargreeves. And have Eleven back to us." Nancy added, pointing to all of them while also lifting her eyebrows, now a little furious because no one was responding, still having mistrust on their faces.

She couldn't handle their nonparticipative manner and suddenly ranted, "What the fuck? At least cooperate, you guys-" Abruptly, there was a loud thump at the basement's door, captivating their entire attention. Their eyes widened in panic, the moment the harsh slam triggered their hearing. Jonathan embraced Nancy in his arms, making sure nothing won't happen to her. "Fuck this shit-" Steve pulled Robin closer to him due to the sudden fright that woke his nerves up. The short-haired girl soon pushed him away, thinking how weakling he is.

"Oh my god, dingus! Don't be a scaredy-cat!"

"How can I not panic, you dumb motherfu- AH!" She pulled his ear up, causing him to scream in pain.

Gazing back to the door, their heart gained relief once again, when they found out it was only Joyce and Jim, panting heavily. There was a gun on the chief's palm, now making them more worried and wonder what just honestly happened with the two of them.

"We know where Eleven went," Joyce stated as her voice cracked, trying her best to catch up enough air. The mother was almost to collapse on the floor at some point, but she balanced herself from clenching the doorknob.

"WHAT?" Mike yelled in awe.