Chapter 28: Herb

Going back to the Temps Commission, a problem happened to rise as the man took a few but silent steps heading to the lady's office. There was a loud suspicion that occupied his instincts due to the room being tight-lipped. He witnessed the arrival of Brenner going inside the Handler's office a while ago and Herb believed it was impossible for them to not communicate about the proposal they have been planning for the past few weeks. Awe came to his expression that the founder of the laboratory located here in Hawkins is currently plotting an evil direction with the white-haired woman.

"What are these two doing?" He questioned through his mind as he attempted to gaze through the windows, suddenly, the curtain is being pulled by an arm wearing ebony opera gloves. An uncertainty popped out through his emotions that something isn't indeed right. To gather clear information, he paced as fast as he can going to the place where their conversation can be heard through the CCTV and speakers. Herb arranged the toggled cables and wires that have been connected through many circuits, and after, the employee pressed the switch as he finally heard the conversation and witnessed what has been going on inside the Handler's office.

"You do realize that I am not the woman you expected to be. I can manipulate the events to happen. I have a lot of connections."

His eyes widened when the lady stated those words to the struggling man sitting on the ground, facing her.

"I just want Eleven back. I need that girl."

"Then you should obey my commands. Behave and no betrayal in exchange. Or else, a new doomsday will happen under my supervision and I will use that girl to do another apocalypse against all of you along with my stepdaughter, Lila."

The doctor almost reached the stage of hyperventilating due to the water he swallowed from the dispenser that contained a poisonous substance. The old man thought he was clever enough not to accept the wine being offered to him a while ago but the lady outsmarted her. He soon recalled that this woman can go back in time and see everything he has been attempting to accomplish against her and that is the most intense way of strategy he ever encountered.

"I thought you only desired to get in touch with the girl again but what are these plots against me? Such a pity."

A ferocious smile formed on her lips as it is a satisfaction for her sight to see Brenner in a terrible condition. She crossed those arms over her and gained an audible short breathing from him as the man's eyes are almost white and those blue irises cannot be seen anymore. Herb nearly tumbled from his seat due to the shocking occurrences he is currently seeing and immediately turned off everything inside the particular room. He can't handle the situation anymore that is being shown on the screen as he took a deep breath and fixed his eyeglasses in place, along with his uniform.

The man also thought he should have watched the entire happenings to compile more evidence but the significant thing is he already knew Brenner and the Handler is conniving in an antagonistic means for all of them.

He soon contacted Five by telephone without any hesitation and when finally, it reached him, Herb instantly said, "Hello. I have news for you."