Chapter 43: Maybe... The Last Battle?

Warning/s: mentions of heavy profanities, blood

It is currently 9:30 in the evening and anything around is peacefully quiet. They just wanted to rest their sanities away from catastrophes. Stopping an apocalypse is not that easy especially when your rival has many connections. "What situation did we actually enter?"

"A very risky one."

She gradually opened her eyes, with her head severely aching. She wondered why everything was slightly dark as she felt two persons sitting beside her. The girl immediately took a glimpse of each one of them, realizing it was only Mike with his sister Nancy... "And who's that girl driving?" She thought.

"Oh, my goodness, you're finally awake," Robin said to give Eleven a comforting expression on her face. She remained oblivious to everything around her and didn't know what to react to. She then gazed at Mike again as the young boy offered a white handkerchief to wipe off the blood coming out from her nose. Unfortunately, the girl refused and slowly pushed the boy's hand back. She just smiled slightly, receiving a nod from him.

"If you need help, just call my name. I won't be leaving your side."

The young Wheeler gave her an affiliative smile that caused the girl's heart to flutter. "Thank you, Mike." Eleven softly responded.

"And Mrs. Wheeler, how did you know we're risking our lives there?" Robin asked, earning an instant stare from the woman.

"I got a call from one of our neighbors and they told me something is going on in the middle of the street right in front of our residence which made me panic. You, kids, are always involved in something terrible! It's a little embarrassing because it's nearly 9 in the evening." Karen smiled in an unstable way, earning a comforting smile from the children with her. Despite these challenges, they must be strong.

"Where... are we going?" Eleven questioned the four siblings and gave them a curious manner.

"Somewhere you are safe and sound. Away from everything that bothers your worthy life." Nancy replied to her and just stared blankly. The happiness she felt a while ago suddenly shifted into a concerned one and realized the opponents are still around. All of them were saved abruptly by Karen and Murray while the combat is going on. They were marks of bullets in their cars because the employees attempted to pursue them at the last minute. However, all of them managed to get out of the danger zone.

The Hargreeves siblings proceeded to combat with the Temps Commission. Their main objective is to keep Eleven away from the opponents. They won't vanish without her so; Karen and Murray were in good timing earlier.

Meanwhile at the Wheeler residence...

"Give me back the briefcase." Five said while panting intensely. The sweat almost covered his sharp complexion which made The Handler chuckle sarcastically due to what he stated. The other siblings were behind him.

The Handler took another step. "Give me back the girl first." She raised her eyebrows waiting for a response that could zip her mouth in no time.

"You are only going to use the girl with an innocent mind that has dreams ahead of her. How many times would I have to tell you?" The schoolboy responded immediately. A scoff escaped from the woman, crossing her arms.

She walked back and forth while focusing on the ground to think of something that can convince them.

"Okay. If that's what you want." The woman stepped back going near to her fellow allies.

As they received that response, an instant confusion waved to them. Until they heard a sound of preparation to fire the guns shocked them in terror. Five stretched out his arms to cover his siblings as they took a large step back. Klaus almost let himself fall on the ground due to the sudden pressure, pulling Diego's jacket at the same time.

The siblings closed their eyes after hearing an unpleasant sound of an explosion that traveled through every vein of their ears, concluding they are dead. But fortunately, the moment they opened their eyes again a flash of white light slipped through their vision, they found the opponents laying on the ground with the countless amount of blood scattered on the floor. Even Lila, The Handler, and Brenner just ended their lives, as the power of evil decreases, and the black soul departed from their bodies. The essence of the evil acts of these people was absorbed by the dark surroundings.

All the Hargreeves siblings remained owl-eyed and not wishing for to believe what they witnessed. A bunch of questions began to conquer their minds due to impulsive occurrence. Everything just happened all of a sudden and it oddly creeps them.

"What just happened?"

The sound of footsteps from the fodder caught their awareness and it seems like the shoes the person is wearing are boots due to the bold sound of the heels. A silhouette of a short man made them remain in an inquisitive state as they guessed in their minds who might be that individual.

A relieved smile soon sketched on their lips when they recognized it was Herb. The sign of solace followed their emotions as they began to feel the triumph in their hearts. The cold and dull evening resulted in a warm sentiment as the moonlight in the night sky made their faces glisten. Due to the enjoyment that they could not explain, Five quickly took off his uniform coat and threw it in the air. Those shoes quickened in the middle of the road.

"Fuck the Temps Commission! Fuck Brenner and every villain in this fucking world! Fuck you Reginald Hargreeves for making us suffer every single day!" Five screamed in victory as his siblings followed along. Their howls because of joy replenished every corner of the street.

After witnessing the path of triumph, their feet reunited with Herb. One of the trusted men they know. The siblings tossed him a wonderful embrace that the man felt for the first time in a while. This moment burned every essence of negativity that circulated them. However, Luther was secretly peeking at the briefcase he was holding and made an effort to hide his excitement.

"Herb? How did you get here? The Handler told us about your isolation." Asked Vanya curiously.

The man shrugged. "They underestimated me. They don't know that I am a smart man." He chuckled as that made the siblings do the same. Despite everything they have been through, there is always sunshine after the rain and Herb is the man these people can count on along with their beloved Elliott. Without them, everything would turn out a disaster without a solution.

"Anyway, here is the briefcase. They have been hiding this inside the Temps Commission. In case you are wondering why they suddenly blew up, I placed bombs below the automobiles before they left to completely erase them. Their existence is a burden to many people." Herb handed the briefcase to Five and constructed a beam on his lips. An abrupt silence joined them and he placed a hand on the man's shoulder.

"Thank you for everything, Herb."

Herb nodded in response. "Anything for the Hargreeves."