Chapter 23: Doubt

Warning/s: a mention of a minor profanity

Eleven and Vanya succeeded in reaching freedom from the dangerous people they have crossed paths with, particularly those who want to desperately abduct the two of them earlier, still without knowing the reason why, as they traded madness that glistened into their eyes. The sun's heat triggered their exhaustion a little and sweat began to occur on their complexion.

There was complete silence between the two ladies as they deliberately walked together with an irritation that varied along with the weariness. The short-haired girl commenced thinking about chaotic aspects as suspicion suddenly rushed into her emotions. She threw a glance at the Hargreeves, witnessing a similar expression she has. Uncertainty continued to help her disturbance vanish away, attempting to recognize Vanya's intention by just gazing at her face.

"Why did you insist on attaining me from them?" Hopper interrogated in a soft but worried manner that made the long-haired girl swivel her sight at Jane with confusion, thinking how she come up with that kind of question. A slight reluctance appeared before she could respond.

She trembled and said, "To save you, obviously those people want something bad for you to happen. They want to kidnap you and control what you have." The seventh Hargreeves thought, if she would contend asking her strange questions, she doesn't know how to deal with it anymore. Vanya has the purest intention when she obtained the girl from the ignorant agents a while ago, she honestly just desired safety to provide Eleven.

"Is that it?" The girl leaned closer to her, carrying the boxes of Eggos carefully as she could. Jane gawked at her brown orbs, prudently digging into her soul if Hargreeves girl was telling the truth. The long-haired lady halted strolling, now had enough of proving her motives as she slightly glared at the youngster.

"I am not one of them, okay? End of the conversation." She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Then why does it look like you are in denial right now? I'm just asking."

That made Vanya realize to ease her nerves or else the girl would proceed to think distrustfully of her. She couldn't answer back right away due to the embarrassment that reality tossed on her. Breaking the cessation and said, "This is the only way I can prove to you that I have the honest implications. Those individuals attacked our family before. However, the difference is, they want us to die and suffer from defeat, unlike you, all they want is to obtain you because they want to use you for something." The seventh Hargreeves explained with entire sincerity.

"Which isn't the right time for you to know? Things would be very immediate." Misgiving was soon replaced by the concern shown in Eleven's expression. She felt guilty after understanding their family's backstory that she shouldn't have judged her instantly. Hopper gently clenched her hand, caressing it at the same time, and mumbled, "I'm sorry."

"It's totally fine. I understand why you have doubts to come with me. I mean, in this kind of situation, you shouldn't have trusted me easily because I am a stranger. You don't know what strangers want from you. You would be like, why the heck is this girl instructing me what to do, I don't know her in the first place. Why trust this shit?"

"But please, differentiate me from those nasty strangers. You heard me, and I have already proved that one." The seventh Hargreeves nodded with an unfortunate manner revealed on her face.