Chapter 34: A Sudden Approach

Warning/s: mentions of profanities, a mention of a gun

"I'm starving."

"Exactly the reason why we are here." Said Vanya as she tossed Klaus a soft smile. The surroundings are not odd this time, luckily. People's perspectives of them are quite stable today. In case you are wondering how they managed Eleven to show herself publicly, she has a dark blue beret on her head and surprisingly, an Umbrella Academy uniform the siblings got from a tailoring shop before executing the plan. That's right before they met the telekinetic young girl, the seven thought of a plan to hide Jane from anyone if they could sneak her openly. They are little fools sometimes, but rich knowledge is their weapon.

FLASHBACK

"What are we going to do? How should we hide her in case?"

"A young girl dressed up as a grandma. Or a young girl from the 1880s?" Klaus received a painful nudge from Five and rolled his eyes, building a thought for his brother indicating he is irritated.

"You always make the dumbest suggestions. It should be an Umbrella Academy uniform. To make people think we're siblings and you five are just our guardians or elder brothers and sisters."

"We are going to be babysitters, in short."

"This is going to be very difficult. Our father will recognize us. Don't tell me you have already forgotten his intelligence quotient is multiplied by a million. He is also a time traveler." Diego as constantly revealed a displeased expression.

"Trust me with this. He won't catch us."

Her heart is beating rapidly as she is not able to dominate the tension she is feeling. A fear that someone might acknowledge them in no time. The ring from the shop's door made her eyes widen and the girl drew her sight to that person, fortunately, it wasn't the bad individuals who are plotting their end. Eleven's senses came back to reality due to a call from the fifth Hargreeves and the youngster immediately went after him. "Just stick to me, young lady." The schoolboy, in a careful manner, held her hand to keep the girl secure.

Those brown eyes stole a glimpse of their hands together, a speculation entered her mind the moment she witnessed the umbrella tattoo drawn on Five's wrist. She then realized how similar where their tattoos are being located.

"Do you like Eggos?" Five then offered and she nodded in response. The boy took three boxes of it, however, was stopped by a grip of his hand and quickly faced the tall figure. Only to know it was Klaus.

The brother suddenly pulled the other one going to the corner they found inside the store, as the young-looking sibling tried to pull off the clasp of hand wrapped around his uniform collar while in a state of confusion. "Five, we are in trouble. That mullet lad out there, he keeps on looking at us. Especially, Eleven. It must be her friends or what. I don't know but we must get out of here before we'll make ourselves on the news once again." Pressure began to fill their surroundings and Five signaled the others, and most importantly, Eleven. She is the root of these circumstances as to why these are occurring so, it is necessary to keep her safe.

Steve got a tap on the shoulder from Robin and soon faced him with puzzlement painted on her expression. The girl even shook the boy twice, but no response was being fetched. "Dingus, is everything all right? What exactly are you looking at?"

"Her..."

"Who do you mean her?" The short-haired girl instantly concluded he just caught a peek at a beautiful woman, which is exactly one of the standards he is looking for in a lady. However, Harrington would always argue it is what's the inside that matters. It's only difficult not to appreciate attractive ladies, according to the lad.

"Don't tell me you saw a girl again and what do you call it? Love at first sight shit. That's so lame! Tell me, when are you going to change your perspective while searching for your true love?" Replied the Buckley.

A pointing finger was placed on the lady's lips after stating her words. Her eyebrows furrowed as she questioned herself in her mind about what is currently happening indeed. "I have no time for that. I'm referring to Eleven. She's here." The man whispered as he and the fourth Hargreeves exchanged suspicious glances. Robin shifted her sight anywhere when Steve pointed out which among the people inside the store is Jane. Those eyes broadened in surprise and excitement. Felt like justice has been served due to the weeks of looking for the young Hoppers' appearance.

The two gulped in anxiousness and could not process if this is frankly happening currently. "What have they done to her?" Said the other pair, and directly suggested a plan they can accomplish at the moment. The hair color and style along with the blue hair tie Jim gave to Eleven before is what made them conclude it was truly her. The duo also recognized the one individual with the girl they saw at the incident that happened last time which was Vanya. For them, it was effortless to identify who is who referring to the recent situation.

"It was your idea to let her wear something like this and let's face it, it doesn't completely hide her identity, Five!" Allison yelled softly to the young boy and frustration filled their bones

"I thought it was easy for you to understand that she should have stayed at the house and never gone with us. What if those two won't cooperate with us? And will continue to report us to the police and our reputation surely will result into zero."

Five sighed in annoyance and concluded it was easy for them to give up and weren't thinking properly. "Calm down. Eleven deserves fresh air too. Imagine with all of these sneakings and hiding from the world suffocating her. Look at her. She is suffering." The young-looking Hargreeves embraced the girl to make her feel the sensation of security for herself to figure out that nothing is everyone's fault.

Suddenly, Jane raised an idea to help them to break off the complexity. "Just talk to Steve and Robin politely. Make them comprehend why you are with me, and they won't report you. There are good people. Trust me because they are my friends. They are nice like you." She formed a delicate smile on her lips after uttering the sincere words as they agreed to what she has said. An actualization arose in their minds that things will get easy if the right action is being performed.

There is hesitation going on Five's intellect if approaching two of the girl's friends is the right thing to execute. Some possibilities are stopping him to proceed, and some advantages make those feet step forward. He soon thought he must decide properly to avoid complications and problems occurring this time.

"In this timeline where we are currently in, to waste time is a wrong move. The Handler and Doctor Brenner are surely done planning the cease of us along with Eleven's friends and family. I won't fail this time. We won't." Five determined himself.

"She's right, guys. Well, I'm much older than you, kiddo, but you think so well than me. How in the world kids are more mature these days?" The first brother reacted and raised an eyebrow at her which made the girl chuckle. "You're a walking dumbass, that's why. You don't know what you should prioritize." Diego replied and rolled his eyes, as that earned a glaring expression from the huge one. A sly smirk grew on his lips after seeing Luther's reaction and just gained a triumph.

The seven exchanged glances with one another, waiting for a signal if they should draw near them. Vanya shrugged and did the first action to approach the two. The others soon followed along the way as Eleven made herself hidden at the back. When they accomplished to face their fear for this day, an intimidating feeling immediately welcomed them. Steve and Robin got close to one another and ready to fight for themselves, expecting the six to initiate it first. A part of Five desired to retreat when he knew something isn't adequately is going to happen, however, he thought they are now here facing them, so just suffer the consequences.

"It's too late to go back but, fuck this."

"We don't want to cause any trouble." The fifth Hargreeves terminated the rope of tension as the duo still wore suspicious looks on their faces.

They got a quick and unexpected response from the mullet lad. "So as we. Where is Eleven? Give her back to us right now or else." Steve abruptly cocks the gun he smoothly drew out from his pocket and pointed it at the siblings.