Chapter 38: Heartbeat Louder Than A Roar

Warning/s: mentions of profanities

Everyone inside the basement remained serene as they were after discussing what are the options or alternatives they can execute once the peril emerges. The others began to proceed to converse about the future events that perhaps will occur, fun activities they can do to hang out, and to which high school the kids can go once they finish middle school. These people have maintained to think of these things amidst danger. Which is unimaginable.

Well, who can think of something else while their life is at risk?

However, there are Five. Sitting alone on the old red settee as his eyes dwelled on the treen floor. His eyebrows almost reached the ends of those due to frustration.

"How should I tell them the truth? I don't want to disappoint them at the same time." Five uttered in his mind.

"If I will tell them ahead of time, then everything will be fixed ahead of time too." He added.

The boy let out a deep sigh and can't help but panic. The schoolboy slid his hair between the spaces of his fingers as the lad's face began to reveal a red tint due to the emotion of discontent. The countless chaotic thoughts initiated to occupy his senses.

"Fuck." The fifth Hargreeves swore with a mild tone. Five does not want to show them the stress has been eating his entire body up, so instead, he attempted the very best he can to soothe his nerves. He must stay fierce this time along with his brilliant mind. The boy must stay focused and dodge disarrays. In the first place, he is the origin of this difficulty and should also be the end of it.

Something is distressing him, and it's a huge problem. He doesn't know how to tell them anything straightforwardly. Some surely won't understand the offer The Handler assigned him 5 weeks ago. On the other hand, Five decided to explain the situation in detail by detail for them to comprehend appropriately.

Under the wooden roof, two lovers can reunite again. They swapped sweet glances and slowly, two of their pinky fingers commenced to cling to each other. Dustin was watching them from afar and was making an effort not to tear up. The curly-haired lad was just honestly happy to see Mike and Eleven together, as their smiles were witnessed even brighter than the sun in the sky. It seems like he is in a cinema and watching a romance film– he expressed to Steve as his vision never landed elsewhere.

"Stop. It doesn't suit you, crackhead." Steve began to swallow the remaining waffles Karen has made last night. These weren't prepared for them, however, Mike sneaked out in the middle of the night to steal the waffles inside the refrigerator. He heated them in the oven in the morning when no one was around.

The disgust on the mullet lad's face came to be consistent as he was looking at the boy and noticed how Dustin acted oddly beside him. He is like a literal child. "Just contact your imaginary girlfriend and tell her the both of you will do the kissing under the moonlight." Harrington rolled his eyes due to the nuisance, however, the kid wasn't operating.

"You will understand once you will have a decent relationship. And by the way, Suzie is real." This made Steve realize he is living a single life until now and the experiences he had with past failed relationships came across his mind. Harrington shut down his eyes and scrunched his nose in loathing while the memories formed streaming. The lad tracked his sight anywhere only to find out, almost all of them have lovers.

If you think of Robin, she is in love with Tammy Thompson. Steve also thought, moving into another relationship will be a hopeless case.

"Can you not?" The tall lad added. He sought in irritation.

Jim went near the Hargreeves with apprehension inside his gut. He is doubtful at first while stealing glances at them. He couldn't figure out if he can put faith in these people as Steve did when they came across at the shop yesterday. However, the man still lifted a question to the siblings. "Are you sure you can help? We are talking about Eleven's safety."

"We can't promise you anything, but we will try our best," Allison replied with hesitancy buried in the tone of her voice. Before Hopper could go walk away, he gave them a look that seems like they are unskilled in combatting and nodded as a sign of approval.

"All right." Jim coldly responded.

After reflecting upon things, Five slowly stood up and gulped in nervousness. Many introspections have been distressing him yet, but the time is ticking as he heard the voices of pressure that circulated his presence, pushing the lad to his limit. "Tell them. Tell them. You have to tell them."

The schoolboy went to the middle and said, "Settle, everyone. I must tell you something. Something significant. I need your ears on me." He commanded while fixing his uniform in unease as the sound of his heartbeat switched on to be glamorous to the point, he can't hear the noises around anymore.

"Shit." He uttered a profanity in a low manner for the last time before the gift of disappointment from them will consume his existence.