Chapter 24: The Meet

The minor argument the two had earlier at least benefited them to comprehend each other's perspective and Eleven's suspicion had withered from her impressions. The youngster has no clues to conclude where they were heading but she entirely kept in mind now that following the seventh Hargreeves' path was the right decision. Gazing at the sky's current condition, the concern abruptly arises as she paced a little to reach Vanya for it.

Delicately tapping her shoulder and said, "I'm afraid the rain might catch us." She gawked at her face and anticipated the response as those brown irises of hers never landed anywhere but just at Vanya's.

An uncertainty suddenly slithered into Hargreeves' veins, as she noticed the majority of individuals around the city were hurling them a scowl and disgusted expression plastered on their faces while the both of them step through the sidewalk. Judging by the looks of those people, something wasn't currently right, and it lent her the indication they were on the side of danger.

She has many unsettled thoughts and believed those agents who assaulted them, had been announced to the public they needed to be arrested. Or already framed up their identity as fugitives just to get what they yearn for by abducting them. There's a huge possibility it could happen because they have connections and could manipulate people's psyches.

"I may be just overthinking. Do we look strange that it could creep their pants out? But no, I look decent but Eleven..." Vanya internally said to herself, drawing her attention to the teenager, observing once again she has minor casualties on her face. She pulled the girl closer as she tightly clasped her hand, at least to secure Eleven's safety. The two rushed heading to their destination as soon as possible before something terrible would appear. There was an intense confusion dashed to Hopper's instincts as she wondered what was happening.

She mumbled, "Vanya?"

The two finally arrived at Elliott's house, and the seventh Hargreeves immediately grabbed the keys from her pocket, as the girl's curiosity began to increase, aspiring to know what was honestly going on. Eleven suddenly heard yelling inside the house and she magnified her eyes in shock, thinking that was the silliest argument she has ever listened to.

"These stupid guys fighting again over a nonsense topic. I'm sorry for that." Vanya said as she was still struggling to find the exact key for the door. Jane has thought of something to at least help her, but she isn't sure about it, at the same time scared her energy might completely be drained.

She came closer and said, "Maybe I can help?"

"If you're thinking to use your powers, don't even attempt. We have no time to build another door for our privacy and your protection." Vanya simply answered back, nodding at the youngster. The Hargreeves sighed in annoyance, now giving up as she glimpsed at the keychain that has too many keys.

"Klaus!" She screamed enough to hear it.

"Yup?" Someone abruptly unlocked the door the moment she screamed the name as the fourth brother was holding a beer, and drank it all up in front of the two ladies. He dizzily threw them a smile, awkward silence began to enter the atmosphere around them. Jane squinted her eyes in awe, this was her first time encountering a lad like him. She deeply stared at that dark-colored beard and his hair that has a similar length as hers. "Wow."

Vanya soon pulled the youngster inside the house, shoving Klaus away that he almost stumbled on the floor due to his currently befuddled self. Diego rolled his eyes from afar, slightly shaking his head in disappointment.

"Here is what we were searching for, the name's Jane. Please be good to her. She's kinda naive to new things she would encounter." The seventh Hargreeves said, patting the girl's shoulder.

"Finally."

Five was there, leaning his back against the wall with his hands inside his pockets. His vision remained on the girl ever since she showed up a while ago. His blue eyes glistened in astonishment, secretly admitting to himself she was more beautiful in real life no matter how the casualties concealed her face. His typical serious expression never faded away, now realizing what he was feeling.

The young-looking schoolboy shifted his gaze to another dimension to now cease his ridiculous thoughts.