Chapter 13: Hawkins National Laboratory

His blue eyes magnified in fright due to what he just encountered from the radio, unsettled deliberations occupied his psyche. Five believed this city was something heavenly but indeed a catastrophe inside. Uncountable problems were now attacking their lives and they don't want it to result in worse means.

They have experienced severe adversity for the entire 31 years, and, typically, the world would throw them challenges, however, the Hargreeves family thought they at least deserve a peaceful life after saving and protecting people ever since their adolescence years. But unfortunately, they couldn't achieve that desire, and the siblings always believe it was all Reginald's mistake because he made them put in this situation, horrible people were always against them. It's like in the real life.

The fifth Hargreeves immediately rummaged through Elliott's things in the section of the newspapers, luckily he was able to have information to gather because the lad was incredibly helpful and kind to them. The young-looking Five completely disarranged those until he could discover the particular article he was searching for. "Oh, my goodness." He muttered under his breath while attempting to get some air due to exhaustion. He couldn't process some words to say as he was horrified by the headline that the boy was currently witnessing.

1983: The Hawkins National Laboratory under the surveillance of Dr. Martin Brenner was commencing to be a nightmare for every individual in the city. There are terrifying rumors that the mentioned laboratory was used to abduct innocent children and conquer their minds.

He furrowed his eyebrows after reading the first paragraph of the article, now the curiosity placed his terrified emotions about whom might that doctor be. He carefully directed his gape to the attached picture of Brenner from the newspaper, as it gave him unnerving impressions that traveled through his veins. Only by looking at those eyes, you can already sense he's not a great man.

"No, it was Vanya. I told her to order me tacos but it was coffee!" It was Klaus, filling the quiet setting as he heard a loud slam from the door blending with their noise. Footsteps were approaching him as he quickly placed the other newspapers from its cabinet. He fixed his uniform as soon as possible along with his silky black hair and headed to the couch facing the television where they usually discuss plans.

"I thought you liked coffee." Vanya laughed between those utterances of hers. Her lovely brown eyes gleamed with happiness along with the smile that formed on her lips. The fourth Hargreeves rolled his eyes in sarcasm and answered back earning a sneer from his sister, "Do I look like this young schoolboy?" The curly brown-haired lad pointed Five, holding the coffee that was bought for him earlier. The young-looking Hargreeves hurled him a scowl that suppressed his blue irises. Suddenly, awkward silence entered the atmosphere as the siblings gave each other an embarrassing glimpse.