Chapter 17: Eleven's Disappearance

FLASHBACK: After the Battle of Starcourt

Policemen immediately assembled outside the Starcourt Mall when they were informed about the tragedy that occurred during the summer of 1985. The surroundings were completely dark, only the lights from the structure and the ambulances including the police cars were making everything visible. When they fought against the Shadow Monster, the night was horrifyingly traumatizing. There were not enough words could describe how they suffered from the nightmare.

The youngsters including the adult ones soon were rescued and brought to the assigned ambulances to at least cure their wounds and blood that scattered around their faces. When Will was waiting for his mother to show up, he quickly headed to her and embraced the lady with tears falling down his cheeks. Very thankful they have survived the catastrophe that the night heaved on them.

The short brown-haired girl gradually stood up as her forehead which got affected during the incident was covered with a bandage, and the nosebleed mark remained on her nose. She witnessed how Will and Joyce securely hugged one another with a miserable look drawn on their faces. Eleven attempted to look for Hopper, hoping there was at least a minor sign that he survived. The mother then saw her and threw an unfortunate manner. Now, she waited for a little more and suddenly realized he was gone when she understood that expression from Joyce. She shook her head in agony as she burst out into tears, couldn't believe this was currently happening.

Jane decided to run away as fast as she could and wouldn't mind wherever her sadness would take her. All she apprehended is Hopper left his existence, and that truly broke her heart. She only felt the fatherly love and care from the chief and no one else, she also believed no one could replace him even if someone would try.

She left everyone behind due to the anguish that the cruel world gave her and concluded she won't show herself until she was finally ready to. Eleven was also taught by Jim how to be independent and the girl at least applied it wherever she would go.

"I'll come back soon. I'm sorry." Eleven muttered to herself and gazed for the very last time at the Starcourt Mall and recognized Will and Joyce along with the other victims, and police officers. Pain obscured her emotions and proceeded to conceal herself from anyone.