The Zilo Beast part 4

Once the Dugs signed the treaty, the clones started getting the beast loaded up. Carmen sighed as she, Windu, and Anakin got on the cruiser that would take the beast to Courasant.

When they got to Courasant, the beast got unloaded off and all the clones were pointing there guns and tanks at it, the Chancellor walks out and they walk towards him.

Anakin bows and says "Your Excellency." Palpatine looks at the creature marveled and says "Such size, such power."

Windu glares at him and says "With respect, Chancellor, I believe this creature could pose any number of dangers.
Bringing it here to Coruscant is a mistake."

Palatine glares at him and says "I assure you I did not make this decision lightly, Master Jedi. The sooner we unlock
the Zillo Beast's secrets, the sooner we can end this terrible war."

Carmen glares at him and says "oh and one more thing Chancellor, I shall be staying with the beast at all times until you relocate him to a more suitable area, I promised that I would protect him."

Palpatine glares at her and says "I assure you padawan Leal that the beast is in capable hands, whatever could go wrong." She growls at him and says "I need to protect from rude and awful people, like you. I've seen how these things work, you'll keep locked in a cage and you'll run horrible tests on it that will provoke it, I'm staying."

Palpatine glares at her and says "while is awfully kind of you, that is not necessary so I suggest you leave, padawan Leal." Windu glares at him and says "I agree with her, she promised the Zilo Beast protection and she will give it that, padawan go with the beast, I'll get you if anything bad happens."

She nods before running off into the facility.

Windu and Anakin head back into the temple and Windu discusses the issue with Obi Wan, Obi Wan shakes his head and says "Why would the Chancellor want to bring the Beast here? I know that he thinks by studying it, the knowledge could prove beneficial, but from what you and Anakin reported on Malastare, it hardly seems worth the effort."

Windu sighs and says "Carmen raised the issue with the Chancellor during the Battle of Malastare, without success." Obi Wan smirks and says "I'm guessing it was a shouting match?"

He sighs and says "was it ever, I'm surprised he hasn't filed a complaint against her."

Meanwhile Carmen was standing next the beasts head rubbing it soothingly when a droid comes next to it and lifts up one of his scales, the beast roars in pain and Carmen glares at the doctor and says "what are you doing!? Your going to provoke it!"

The doctor puts a hand up and says "we just need a blood test." It roars in pain again and the doctor says "That's enough."

The droid walks away from it and Carmen rubs the creature's head, the Zilo saw the pain in her eyes from watching it and that when he realizes that she wants to help him but has no idea how.

He nudges her gently with its head and Carmen rubs it softly. That's when the Zilo realized that he had an ally.

That's when Carmen notices the Chancellor talking to the doctor. She hears the doctor say "Its scales are remarkably strong and light. If we could examine their composition, we might be able to synthesize them to reinforce our clone armor."

Palpatine glares at the doctor and says "And what is stopping you?" The doctor sighs and says "We need to remove the scales first. It's very difficult, not to mention painful."

Palpatine glares at the beast and says "Would it not be more efficient to simply kill the Beast?" Carmen glares at him and says "I will not allow you to kill it Chancellor and if you as so much lay a hand on him then I will report you to the council."

The doctor says "Besides being the last of its kind, this creature may be intelligent." Palpatine glares at the beast and says "I find that hard to believe. It is, after all, just an animal."

The beast growls at him and Carmen whispers to the beast "don't listen to him, he's just trying to get a reaction out of you."

The beast looks at her and nods before gently nudging her with its face again.

The Chancellor talks with the doctor some more and Carmen didn't hear it but then she says "I suggest you start there.
Doctor, you need to find a way to kill that Beast, or we shall replace you with someone who can."

Carmen growls threateningly at him and says "I will not allow you to kill the beast Chancellor, you and the doctor promised that it would be treated right!"

He glares at her and says "you and the council do not have a say in this anymore Padawan Leal, so get out of I will have my guards force you out."

She growls and says "I'm staying, it needs my protection from awful people like you!" He signals to his guards and they force her out of the building, the Beast could tell that she didn't want to leave him so he growls at the Chancellor threateningly.

The guards soon force Carmen out of the facility and she groans in frustration, she was about to head to the temple when she hears the doors to the facility banging, she gasps and that's when she sees the beast.

It had escaped!