Chapter 30

"Maa?" Kunal spoke amused. "Please come in."

As Meenakshi entered the house, Mishti and Kuhu took her blessings. Kunal smiled while Abir still stood near the door suspiciously.

"How are you my children?" She asked in the sweetest voice.

"What do you want?" Abir asked totally ignoring her question.

"Abir!" Mishti stopped him shocked by his rude voice while he rolled his eyes.

"I want to take my sons and daughter-in-laws home." She replied to him calmly.

While Mishti, Kuhu and Kunal smiled happily, Abir shook his head on her.

"Really, Maa?" Kunal asked. "You are here to take us with you?"

"Yes, Kunal." Meenakshi smiled. "Let's go back to Bangalore. All of us."

"We are not going anywhere." Abir announced.

"Abir," Meenakshi started. "I know I have done mistakes, but nothing can change the truth that I am your mother. I want to take you home."

"Why?" Abir asked. "You hated Mishti, right? You blackmailed Kuhu to break our marriage. What was their fault, Maa? That they loved us? Was what Mishti did in the past a sin that you hate her so much?"

"But what did Mishti do that hates her?" Kuhu asked.

"I saw a car hit a girl on the road in the first year of college." Mishti said. "I noted the number and complaint at the police. I didn't know that it was Maa's car."

"The police arrested her." Abir completed.

"Not only arrested, Abir." Minakshi said. "They put me behind the bars for 2 days. All my reputation was ruined, because of this girl!"

"So you separated us by revealing that I am not your real son!" Kunal said in realisation. "Then you blackmailed Kuhu, and then tried to kill Mishti?"

"Yes! Yes I did! I did all that because my name and all the reputation that I had maintained since years was ruined by this girl. How could I accept her as my daughter in law after all that? I can't see her face for a second, how could have I tolerated her whole life? So I decided to end her life."

"What?" Abir asked shocked.

"Yes. I hired a killer to shoot her if she marries you but that idiot shot Kuhu by mistake and she lost her child."

That was it. The little respect that was left inside Kunal for Meenakshi died. Kuhu broke down along with Mishti. Abir cried looking to his miserable family.

"See, what have you done to my happy family!" Abir said his mother.

"Maa, how could you.. "

"Why are you shocked, Nanko? It's normal for her. Next time, she'll stoop lower. No, you know what? There would never be a next time. I am calling the police right now!"

"Abir! You'll send your mother to jail?" Meenakshi asked shocked. You'll leave me alone?"

"Mother? You never fulfilled a mother's duty and always tried to separate us." Abir said wiling away his tears.

"And we never left you alone." Kunal said unable to control his tears. "Your selfishness has left you alone and you'll always be alone till you leave your ego and selfishness."

Abir moved towards Kuhu and Kunal held Mishti protectively.

"I could never repent for what she has done to you Kuhu, " Abir said caressing her hair. "But I promise you that no one can hurt you from now on."