Chapter 28

Kunal mumbled in his sleep as he unconsciously groped about for his wife. Upon meeting thin air his eyes cracked open a little to find himself alone in bed. His eyes strayed towards the bathroom door but there was no light underneath it. Getting up he rubbed his eyes and checked the clock on the side table beside the bed. It was 1:00 A.M.

"Kitchen." He mumbled before dragging himself off of the bed and going to seek out his wife.

"Where did you find that?" Kunal asked as he came closer slightly seeing Kuhu gulping down a full pack of ice-cream.

"Erm... over there'" She said pointing towards the fridge.

"But I thought it was over." He wondered.

"But there are 4 more packets." She said with ice cream in her mouth. "There are more people to look after me."

Yeah, Bhai and Mishti, mumbled Kunal.

"Are you willing to share?"

"Um... okay." She replied as he took some.

"Finish it up then. I want to get back to bed." He said after keeping the spoon back.

"I didn't mean to wake you up."

"You did anyway."

He stifled a yawn as his fingers danced to some unknown rhythm against the kitchen counter his gaze shifting now and then towards his wife who was still devouring the ice-cream.

Cravings. He thought resisting the urge to take the ice-cream away and kissing her as the sight warmed his heart.

"Done." Kuhu replied after a while.

"Great. Come on then." He said taking her hand and trying to lead her out of the kitchen.

"I don't feel like walking." She pouted as she resisted his attempt to lead her out.

"You don't ever feel like walking." Kunal stated as he picked her up in his arms and she buried her head against his chest.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

"You are still awake?" Abir asked as he closed his laptop and got ready to sleep.

"You didn't like that I am waiting for you?" Mishti asked slightly hopefully as he quirked an eyebrow at her query.

He smiled then kissed her forehead as a reply.

"Abir!" She sat on the bed. "You don't have time for me nowadays. Only work, work and work. I don't even remember the last time you kissed me properly!"

"Mishti, you know it's your surgery tomorrow. So I have to take care of every little thing. And I kiss you every night before going to sleep."

"Well you don't do it properly enough." She complained as he lie her down on the bed with exquisite gentleness and care.

"You don't love me anymore." She complained again as he merely rolled his eyes at her.

"Kuhu is pregnant, and you are having mood swings." He chuckled.

"Very funny!" She exclaimed in fake anger.

Abir looked at his wife in admiration. He was able to convince Mishti for the transplant. It has been a week of the embryo transplant, Kuhu now carries his and Mishti's baby. The doctor said Mishti cannot go through another operation so they have to wait for at least a week. They have preserved Kuhu's bone marrow before and they have the transplant procedure coming morning. He was sure everything was going to be alright. Still, he feared of losing her.

Mishti looked at Abir and sighed as if she could read his thought. She reached out and pulled him towards herself as she kissed him, his arms went around her at once pulling her close as the kiss turned deeper.

"You are the only thing I need in life. I love you." He consumed her neck with his lips.

"We are going to have a happy family, aren't we?" Mishti asked caressing his hairs.

"We are." Abir promised it by pressing his lips against hers again.

❤❤❤❤❤❤

"What's taking them so long?" Abir moaned, his face in his hands as Kunal made him sit in the chair again in order to stop his agitated pacing. It was making them all nervous too.

"Bhai, she went in fifteen minutes ago." Kunal replied.

"Why does it feel like an hour then when it's actually been just fifteen minutes?" He said casting an accusing glance to the God above as though it was there fault he was almost sick with worry. He was too busy ruminating over the misery that was his life at the moment to notice the remark.

Kunal's gaze softened as he saw the worry on his brother's face. He really did love Mishti like crazy. The same way he loves Kuhu. At the thought of his wife he looked up and saw her looking at Abir too with affection. Their gazes met and they shook their heads.

"Bro, she'll be fine. She's a strong fighter. I think you know that better than anyone else." Kuhu reminded him.

"I know." He sighed.

After some time, the doctor who had performed the surgery emerged from the operation room.

Abir jumped up from his chair as he rushed to meet her.

"How is she?" He asked. The doctor smiled at him before answering.

"The operation was carried out smoothly. Congratulations, your wife is perfectly fine now." She said warmly.

"When can I see her?" He asked, telling himself inwardly that the ordeal was over and he could smile now.

"As soon as she is moved into the recovery room. I'll send a nurse to inform you when it's done."

"Okay. Thank you Doctor." He said the gratitude clear in his eyes.

She simply patted his arm in response before turning around.

As soon as she left Abir was engulfed in hugs, first from his brother then Kuhu.

Finally, everything was at place. They were happy. After so many hurdles and obstacles, they were all together. Mishti defeated the fatal disease. Kuhu could experience motherhood. The baby is going to have two mothers and two fathers. They are going to take care of him together. The more Kuhu and Mishti would be strict with him, the more Kunal and Abir were going to make him naughty. Their dreams were precious. They were going to fulfil each and every wish. They are going to be the happiest family.

Hola guys! Here is the next chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment :)