Chapter 13

Tadaaa!!! Double Update!

I hope you enjoy :)

"Kuhu?!?" everyone looked at her shocked.

"What the hell, Kuhu? Why did you do this?" Abir asked fuming in anger.

She folded her arms near her chest and looked away.

"How could you... you have to answer me!" he said in a stern voice.

"Just because you are my sister's boyfriend, that doesn't mean you will talk to me like that!" she said as she pointed her finger at him.

"Really, Kuhu?" he said in disbelief. "Our relation was never just that I am your sister's boy friend or you were my brother's girlfriend, our bond was much deeper. And you know that!"

"Whatever!"

"I am your sister, Kuhu." Mishti said as she cried. "How can you do this to me?"

"It's better if you shut up, Mishti!" Kuhu she said in a low yet stern voice. "You never thought of me as a sister!"

"Are you crazy, Kuhu?" Mishti almost yelled. "You were always my first priority, important than anyone else. And you..."

"Wrong, Mishti" Kuhu cut her. "Your first priority was always Abir, it was never me. Two years before, you were the reason of our separation; Abir's mother never liked you. You were NEVER her choice. And because of you, Kunal left me. And today, when it's time for reunion, you happily accepted Abir but never told me even once, to go back to Kunal. Did you? No! Your first priority was always Abir, Mishti. Always!"

"I never knew you think like this about me. For heaven's sake, I am your sister. I will never do injustice with you. I always wanted your happiness. Me and Abir had planned for your marriage in this dais only. Kuhu, if I love Abir, than I love you too. If I can't live without him, than not without you also. You know that, right?" Mishti asked with tears in eyes.

"Kuhu, I can't believe you did all this." Abir said in a disappointed tone. "Tell me one thing. What would you get by breaking our marriage? By separating us? Come on, speak up! You know what? You don't deserve to be sister."

"I am ashamed of you, Kuhu!" Mishti said disappointed too.

"Enough guys!" Kunal yelled at them. "Enough is enough. Now stop it you two!"

"Kunal..." Abir began.

"No, Bhai." He cut him. "I will tell you the reason."

"Kunal!" Kuhu tried to stop him.

"Kuhu, don't." he warned. "I can't take it more."

"You promised me!"

"To hell with that promise! You don't care of your self-respect, but I do. I can’t see your insult with open eyes. Why don't you just tell them the damn truth?"

"What are you saying, Kunal?" Mishti asked confused.

"I am telling the truth, Mishti! Don't take me wrong, but why can't you just differentiate your sister's truth and lie? You were proud of her some day and now you say, you are ashamed of her? And Bhai you, you always wanted a sister like her, right? And today you are saying, she doesn't deserve to be one? Come on guys! I am not saying, kill your happiness for us, but at least don't think that, we can be against your love." Exclaimed Kunal.

"What do you mean, Nanko?" Abir asked.

"Ask her!" Kunal replied pointing towards his mother.

Yes. She forced Kuhu to do all this. She told her she will make Mishti's life hell if she married Abir. And Kuhu, not able to see her sister's life getting spoiled, decided to stop Mishti's marriage to save her and leave Kunal. This was the reason why she pretended to hate Kunal and hurt him. But fortunately, Kunal heard Kuhu and his mother's conversations before marriage.

Flashback

"Why are you doing this? They love each other!" begged Kuhu.

"Think again, she will cry all her life!" Minakshi warned. "Last time Kunal did this for me, now your turn."

She left. Kuhu turned and found Kunal standing near the window. He came in.

"That's why you behaved like that?" he asked.

"Why didn't you tell me, she was the reason of our separation?" she questioned back.

His eyes filled with tears.

"I was helpless, Kuhu. I had to do what she said."

"Helpless?"

Flashback ends.

"I am not her real son." Kunal declared.

Everyone got shocked.

6 months later

Delhi

7:30 AM

"I am ready. Where is the breakfast?" he shouted sitting on the dining table.

"Just 2 minutes." She shouted back from the kitchen.

He opened the newspaper and started reading the business news. Just when he finished the first headline, someone took it away from him and folded it.

"How many times have I told you no work on breakfast table?"

"Kuhu, you are late this time. Come on, give me food. I am craving!" Abir said arranging the plates.

She smiled and served sitting beside him.

"I will late from office today. Don't wait for me." He said while eating.

She glared at him.

"What?" he asked.

"It's the third time this week." She said in a stern voice.

He smiled at her.

"You know I am workaholic,"

"Yeah..." she whispered.

"I will leave. Take care." He said and left. Kuhu closed the door.

Mumbai

7: 52 AM

"Where is my wallet?" he asked.

She handed him his wallet.

"My hanky?"

She handed.

"And file?"

She opened the cupboard and gave him.

He sighed.

"You are a star, Mishti!" he praised.

"Kunal, what will happen of you without me?" she asked.

"Genuinely, I don't know!" he smiled.

She shook her head on him.

"Anyways, should I pack your lunch?" she asked.

"No. I have a lunch meeting today." He replied.

They had breakfast together. Kunal got up from the chair and picked his suitcase.

"Bye!" he said and Mishti glared at him.

He bite his tongue and went to temple in the house. He joined his hands in front of God and closed his eyes. He prayed for a while. It was Mishti's order that he must pray before leaving the house. He smiled at her when finished. She waved a good bye and he left.

To be continued....

How many of you are going to kill me for this? Okay, I know you all are confused, but have faith in me.

.
#WHAT DO YOU THINK HAS HAPPENED?

#WHY ARE THEY STAYING LIKE THIS?

#WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MARRIAGE?

#WHAT HAPPENED AFTER KUNAL'S CONFESSION?

#WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

#KEEP GUESSING

Love,
Shiri :)