Chapter 14

Mishti was busy in the kitchen when the doorbell rang. She went to open the door.

"Mr. Kunal Rajvansh?" the postman asked.

"Yes. He lives here." She replied.

He handed her an envelope.

"Thank you, Mrs. Rajvansh." He said after she signed the draft.

She smiled at him and he left.

She opened the envelope. It was some official papers. The Paris enterprises, the deal on which Kunal was working for so long, he had lost it. Actually, there was misunderstanding. The deal was finalized with the Rajvansh Industries only, but with the Delhi Branch, with Abir Rajvansh.

Mishti couldn't think what to do. She had seen Kunal working very hard for this. How could she let all his labour go to waste like that? She decided to talk to Abir. She called on his cell but he didn't pick. She called at his office, his secretary told he's busy in a meeting.

She called him many times but got one or other excuses. It was enough. She took the next flight to Delhi.

"I want to meet Mr. Abir Rajvansh." She told in reception as soon as she reached his office.

"Do you have appointment?" the receptionist asked.

"Tell him, It's Mishti."

The receptionist talked to Abir on phone and asked Mishti to wait.

"Is he in meeting?" she asked.

"No ma'am. He is in his cabin."

Mishti got it. He was playing with her. She marched towards his cabin and slammed his door open. He stood up from his chair with his coffee cup in hand.

"What the hell!" Abir yelled.

"Exactly!" she barked back. "What the hell?"

They looked at each other in disgust.

Mumbai

"It was your duty to inform me." Kunal fumed at his P.A.

"Sorry Sir."

"Keep your sorry with you, ok?"

His financial advisor had quit the job. No notice, no applications, nothing. On one side, the Paris reports were yet to be come, and on other, the advisor left. He was fed up! He sat on the chair with his palm on his forehead. His landline went off and he was informed that a girl wants to meet him.

"Tell her I am busy," he said irritated.

"Sir, she says her name is Kuhu." He got the reply.

It took a moment for him to understand what he heard.

"Who?" He asked to confirm.

"Kuhu, Sir."

He took a deep breath.

"Send her in."

He cut the phone and asked his P.A to leave. He was feeling restless. He heard the knock and she stepped in.

"Hello, Mr. Rajvansh." Kuhu spoke as she found Kunal just gazing at her. "May we..."

She asked signalling at the seats.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure!" Kunal replied and both sit.

"How are you?" he asked.

" I have heard, you need a financial advisor urgently?" she asked totally ignoring his question.