Chapter 22

Kunal looked at the sleeping beauty with her head on his shoulder. They were in his private plane travelling to Canada. The entire journey passed with him sipping the coffee and admiring a sleeping Kuhu. She had slept off just after few hours of boarding. She looked like the Sleeping Beauty in the Wood, who waits with impatience for her prince charming to wake her up, the lips on hers as an alarm ringtone. They had now reached and he didn’t know how to wake her up. And frankly, he didn’t want her to wake up. But was also not in a condition to take her up in arms because he was still too weak.

“Kuhu..?” he called but she was in a deep sleep. She held his hand more tightly. Kunal smiled at her antiques. He wanted every thing to be just like before. He wanted her to love him like before and wanted to pamper her like before. He wanted to face all the hurdles of life with her happily. He wanted her to stand by him, just like before. He patted her cheeks lightly.

“Kuhu..?”

She opened her eyes in a jerk.

“Yes, Kunal. You want something?” she asked rubbing her sleepy eyes.

“No.” Kunal replied with a smile.

“We have reached.”

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

“Excuse me,  Mr. And Mrs. Abir Rajvansh, please.” Abir stood at the reception while Mishti pulled up their luggage with her.

She wore a black jacket with simple pink top and black jeans. She had tied her hair in a bun and the goggles completed her look. She looked up when she was finished and found Abir looking at her. It wasn’t the first time she was wearing all this, but after marriage, yes. She had started wearing sarees as a typical Indian wife. It was long time Abir had seen her like this. She gave a mischievous smile. He returned it to her. As soon as they entered the room, Abir locked the door and pulled her from behind.

“What are you doing?” Mishti smiled as he nozzle his nose in the crook of her neck.

“Romance!” he replied placing kissed all over her neck and hands.

“Abir, its not our honeymoon!” she said in a plain yet teasing tone. “it’s for your business.”

Abir at first glared at her, then smirked.

“The meeting is tomorrow morning. So today we can romance.. and we have the night too.” He winked at her.

Mishti playfully slapped his arm and laughed.

“In that case, let’s discover the place!”

“What?” Abir asked confused.

“I will get ready in 10 minutes, book a guide and a taxi!” She ran inside the washroom and Abir shook his head on her.

Mishti rolled her hair into soft curls, wore minimum make up that included, eye liner, mascara and a lip gloss, her cheeks were naturally pink and went superbly with her radiant smile. Adjusting the silver tank top and blue jeans she picked up a shrug and wore it. Her ever so handsome husband was still struggling with his stole, it amused her to see how a so successful business man was still a child when it came to adjusting a stole . She stood in front of him and took it from his hands, her simple innocent look arrested his gaze as she busied herself with the stole.

“Perfect”, she said when she was finished.

Abir kissed her cheek as a thank you and Mishti smiled.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Kunal entered the hotel with Kuhu’s support. She made him sit on the sofa and went to the reception.

“A room for two please.”

He words made Kunal still. But Kuhu didn’t had any sort of doubt on her face. Indeed, she smiled when she looked back at him. Kunal was confused, yet he marched towards the room with her when the housekeeping said he would bring the luggage. Kuhu entered the card and opened the door. Kunal  stopped hesitantly against the doorway. He was still not sure if she was comfortable with him in sane room or not. Living in one house and staying in one room are two different things.

“What happened?” Kuhu asked when he was lamenting in his thoughts. “Come inside.”

Taking a deep breath he entered the room. He sat on the bed and Kuhu started observing the room. Kunal didn’t know how to start but finally he did.

“Kuhu?”

“Hmm??” she hummed still looking around the room.

“Why did you... I mean.. Are we actually... like staying in same room?” he asked hesitated.

“Yes.” She gave an instant reply.

“Because if I took another room then you will not take your medicines and there must be someone who take care of you.”

“So, finally you trust me?” he asked after smiling at her future thoughts.

Her smile vanished. Yes, she wants to take care of him but she still has trust issues. Only she knows what she has gone through. He left her unassisted when she needed him the most. But her heart always betray her. She falls for him again and again every time he comes close to her.

“I will trust you, Kunal.” She sat on the bed. “Just tell me the reason why you left me, along with Mishti?”

Kunal bowed his head down. Tears searched ways to escape his eyes but he was strong enough to control them. Kuhu cupped his face and looked into his eyes.

“You have broken me twice, Kunal. Still I am ready to forgive you, trust you and love you. In return, I just want to know the damn reason that was more important for you than our unborn baby!”

Kunal could see tears in her eyes and it broke his heart. He hated them. But his hands were tied. He couldn’t tell her.

“Kuhu,” he kept his hand on hers which were upon his cheek. “ I am sorry. I don’t want to hurt you. It’s all really complicated and I don’t know how to explain. And frankly, I can’t. But trust me, Kuhu it wasn’t easy for me either.”

“Stop it, Kunal! For god sake!” She stood up but Kunal pulled her back to the bed.

"I'm sorry, Kuhu. I didn't want to break you like that. I knew you would never be able to handle knowing this. I.. I couldn't hurt you like that." He said.

“But what is it, Kunal?” She almost yelled. “What is it that I cannot handle after I have handle of losing a part of myself? And what made you think that it was better to keep me in the dark after everything I went through?" she asked trying hard to keep the note of accusation out of her voice.

Kunal made out his hand to reach for her face but she pushed him away.

"Don’t touch me!" she screamed.

Kunal ignored her and made to reach out for her again, she fought against him, trying to stay out of his embrace but he pulled her forcefully towards him and placed an arm firmly around her back. Kuhu tried to break free but his hold was too strong for her and as the old sense of comfort and protection seeped inside her like it did every time he held her body went limp and she began to sob against his chest. Kunal simply held her and let her cry as he stroked her hair. 

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Mishti pulled the curtains aside and was shocked to see the view outside. It was raining so heavily. An hour back it was dark and cloudy but she certainly didn’t expect that the weather would turn out so bad. She switched on the television to know about latest forecast, all news channels splashed scenes of the city roads blocked because of sudden downpour it impossible to commute around. Her whole evening was ruined. Switching off the television she threw the remote. The cracking sound of the remote hitting the wooden floor in an absolute quiet room made Abir alert while he was busy on his phone.

“What happened?” he asked and found Mishti standing near the window with her back facing him.

Standing behind her, he too looked out, the weather had certainly hampered their outing.

“No problem..we will go out some other day and have a wonderful time.” he said pressing her shoulders lightly.

Her lips were still quivering as she turned around and eyes brimmed with tears, threatening to roll down any moment. Abir didn’t want her to cry but she had also seen how excited she was about the outing. He just hugged her. Just when she had hugged him back, they heard some noise outside their room. They both looked at each other and went out to check on. They were shocked to see the police taking away an Indian couple whose faces were familiar. On the other side, there stood equally shocked Kunal and Ku hu with their hands cuffed.

Hola guys! Here is the next chapter. I hope you like it. Please drop votes and comment s. :)