19

Virgil sat there in his bed just holding his Roman bear as he stared off at nothing. Roman had been gone for a while off on his mission. He hated how scared he was over him. He knew Roman could handle himself. It wasn't the first mission he had gone on. Virgil knew he was ok but... 

He was still scared. 

More so, He missed him greatly. He didn't really know how long the other was going to be and that only made it worse. He just wanted to cuddle up to his prince. He sighed as he glanced looked out his window noticing how all the clouds were still dark and gloomy, rain pouring down in buckets and only getting worse as time went on. It had been stormy for a while now. Patton had mentioned his concern considering the imagination is directly affected by the twins. However, when Virgil had asked about it Patton just said he thought Remus might have been messing with it to throw a wrench into Roman mission. Virgil didn't really care. He just wanted his love home and in his arms again-...

Virgil jumped hearing the sudden bang making him jolt out of his bed in surprise. He quickly put his stuffed bear back in the closet for safekeeping, before bolting out of the room to try and figure out what had happened. He spotted a large wet patch on the floor in front of Roman's door as he walked over to it and knocked. He only heard a grown in response as he fidgeted with the sleeves of his hoodie. He knocked again still not getting an answer, only making his heart drop.

"R-Roman?" The door suddenly whipped open making Virgil jump back in shock only to freeze as a very cold and wet Prince fell into him with a whine. "Roman?"

"S-Sorry. Thought... Thought you w-were P-Patton." Virgil frowned feeling the way Roman was shivering against him. "I didn't know... kn-now if I could..."

"Shh. Ro it's ok. Come on. Let get you in the room." Roman nodded as he let Virgil lead him back into his room, shutting the door and locking it as they did. "You're still shivering." Roman frowned as hugged himself tighter with a very shaky breath. 

"C-C-Cold." 

"Can I help you get out of those wet clothes or do you want me to turn around?" Roman chuckled softly before whining as he shivered more, the room slightly spinning. "Roman?"

"V-Vi-V..." Roman glanced up with a very flushed face making Virgil stop and sigh. "C-Cold."

"You didn't want to answer the door because you knew you were going to slip." Roman nodded as Virgil smiled softly, opening the closet to try and find something comfy and warm for the other to relax in.

"You don't... You don't h-have t-t-t-to help m-me, Virgil." Roman hugged himself tighter just trying to get warm not even thinking to start getting out of his wet clothes. "I-I c-can to it. I-It's my fault a-anyway."

"What do you mean?" Virgil mumbled as he made his way through Roman's clothes spotting a very colorful pastel rainbow galaxy hoodie with a unicorn decal on it hidden way in the back. He smiled as he pulled it out, grabbing some nice fluffy grey pajama pants and a t-shirt, before looking back to see Roman was just standing there stiffly. Even now Virgil could see how Roman was desperately trying to stay big, despite needing to regress at this point.

"I-I c-caused the storm. I-I couldn't help it. It just w-w-wouldn't s-stop r-raining." Virgil smiled sadly as he placed the clothes on the bed noticing how Roman eyed the hoodie with an almost painful want. He really needed to regress but he just wasn't budging. "V-Virgil?" Virgil gently took him by the arms staring into those green eyes with a very caring expression. You could physically see that last stand Roman was desperately clinging to.

"It's ok, Baby boy." Roman crashed with a pitiful whine, falling into Virgil again as he cried. "It's ok. I've got you."

"Vivi. I c-cold. I-Icky..." Roman shivered as Virgil just held him close ignoring how his own clothes were now getting soaked. "H-Help."

"We got to get you out of those clothes first ok, Little prince?" Roman nodded Virgil started for the bathroom to let Roman get undressed while he started the bath. "Don't get dressed yet though ok? I'm going to get the water running."

"Vivi? You... You not mad?" Virgil froze, the sound of the faucet running not for one second masking the sniffle Roman made. 

"Mad? Why would I be mad?" Roman shifted his weight about as he rubbed his now bear arms just trying to be warm. "Ro?"

"Because... Because I small." Roman whimpered as he sat down on his chair, not wanting to make his bed went from his pants he hadn't taken off yet. "I small an' jus' got 'ome. Not even see you long and I aweady feel itty." Virgil checked the water temperature before walking out to see Roman pouted at the floor. "I twied. I no wanna be small wif you all te time. I supposed to be pwrince and care for you. Can't care for you if I ittle."

"Awe, Roman... Baby, I don't mind taking care of you." Roman only whined in frustration as Virgil gently took his hand coaxing him up and into the bathroom.

"I no want you to have to care for me. I wanna care for you. But I always small... it not fair... I dove you." Virgil gave him a soft kiss to his forehead before holding his head to make him look at him. 

"Roman, I need you to listen to me ok?" Roman didn't say anything, he just looked up at him with a pout. "I love you. I don't care at all about your headspace or about how often you're in it. I love taking care of you. I would be taking care of you even if you were big right now. All that matters to me is that your happy and taken care of. Ok?" Roman smiled slightly as Virgil moved to wrap his arms around him. "You mean the world to me, Ro. Big or Small, I love you ok? Please don't ever hold back your regression because of me. It's not good for you."

"But..."

"No buts, Roman." Roman flinched slightly at the stern tone, he didn't often hear from the other. "I'm serious. Repressing your headspace is really bad and I don't want you getting hurt or sick. Especially because of me. Ok? If you need or want to be small I am more than happy to be here for you. I don't care. I love you. Please don't force yourself to be big."

"Vivi?" Virgil hummed in response as he moved away to get Roman a towel and some bath supplies. "I feel small."

"I know bud and that's ok."

"No..." Roman whimpered anxiously as he hugged himself more. "I feel... I... weawy wittle. Wike... weawy weawy wittle." Virgil stopped short as he turned to see Roman fussing. 

"How little are we talking here, hun?" Roman grimaced as he started to cry only making Virgil jump up in concern.

"Iny... 'eel sick, vee. No 'ike be sick. icky." 

"Ok." Virgil gave Roman a very soft and reassuring smile as he brushed the prince's hair back. "It's ok. If you need to regress younger than you go ahead. I'm not going anywhere." Roman sniffled as he rubbed his eyes clearly falling fast. "Baby boy... I'm thinking you might be too small to be in a bath by yourself." Roman blinked, tears still falling, as Virgil just continued to gently brush his hair back. "Why don't you sit on the toilet... I'll help finish getting you undressed and watch to make sure you ok in the bath. Then the two of us can get all nice and warm in some big fluffy blankets. How does that sound?" Roman smiled as he made a very small grabby hand at the other only making Virgil laugh as he nodded. "Ok, Baby boy. Let get you all taken care of."