6

"Roman?" Virgil sunk down right to Roman's door. After that whole mess, there was no way Virgil was just going to ignore it all. He'd had it running through his mind for a while. Actually, ever since he'd seen Roman's room. "Roman, we need to talk."

"Ro'an, not 'ere." Virgil frowned as he knocked again. "No' 'llowed. Go 'way." 

"Roman, you are literally talking to me. You just left Thomas. You didn't even say goodbye."

"Goodbye." Virgil groaned as he leaned his head against the door. 

"Roman, what are you doing? I told you we need to talk." 

"No talk... go 'way." Virgil's eyes narrowed as he tried the door... only to find it unlocked. He frowned slightly as he heard someone literally book it, which of course only made Virgil worried. He carefully opened the door to find it once again empty. 

"You did not sink out again, Roman." Virgil sighed as he walked in and let the door close behind him. "Guess I'll just have to wait for you to come back."

"Looks like I caught you at a bad time." Virgil chuckled as he stared down at the piles of coloring books that were strewn across the floor. A large pink box sat filled with crayons just sat there at Virgil's feet. "It's not exactly safe to just leave it all there. You could trip." Virgil carefully picked it up and placed it on the table before picking up all the books and putting them on the one empty shelf of the bookshelf by the door. Roman probably only used that one shelf for all the coloring books. Virgil's eyes narrowed as he spotted a toy just laying there on the floor by the bed and he frowned. "Oh my god." Virgil couldn't hold back the laugh. "That Disney obsessed... He seriously got his own scrump from Lilo and stitch?" Virgil's face fell the moment he saw the hand carefully reach out from under the bed to grab the toy and pull it under. "Roman?"

"Ro?" Virgil dropped to his knees only for his eyes to soften seeing the scared look in the prince's eyes as he hid under the bed. "What are you doing?"

"Hidin'." Roman scootched away as he hugged scrump tighter. "No' 'ere. You no see anything."

"Penguins of Madagascar. Nice." Virgil laughed as he laid down on the floor making Roman frown in confusion. "It's not very roomy under here, is it? Do you sleep here or... Or is it only when you're trying to hide from me?"

"Vi scary."

"I'm scary?" Virgil smirked seeing the hesitant nod from the prince. "Have you looked in the mirror lately? You look like Victor Van Dort, if he was ginger anyway."

"No I don'." Virgil just smiled as Roman stuck his tongue out at him. "You're Vic'or. I'm Vic'oria."

"You do realize Victoria ends up with Victor right? It's also quite ironic that Victor is literally in the name Victoria... as if he was marring himself." Roman giggled slightly as he scrunched his face up. "What? Victoria is literally the feminine of Victor. The man gave up a perfectly devoted corpse bride to marry the female version of himself. Plus there's this whole thing about Emily possibly being related to Victoria... I don't know."

"Silly, Vi." Virgil couldn't help but smile as Roman glanced around and sighed. 

"Do you want to get out from under the bed now?" Roman pouted as he nodded with a bit of a whine. "Ok, then. Be careful please." Virgil carefully picked himself up as he dusted off his clothes with a slight frown. "I don't even know how you got under there so fast anyway."

"I speedy." Roman mumbled as he carefully rolled out under the bed with a grin. "Like sonic."

"Oh, geez." Virgil chuckled as Roman jumped up with a smile. "Yep, definitely a kid. You totally just pulled the 'fast like sonic' card."

"I am." Roman whined slightly as he pouted. "Wha'?" Virgil was having a very hard time holding his laughter back which only upset the prince more. He stomped his foot as his pout grew. "Why are ya laughing at me?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Virgil groaned as he choked back the rest of his laughter. "Ok. I'm done. I am. I'm sorry." Virgil frowned as he noticed Roman had left. "Ro..." He spun around to see him looking through his coloring books again and he smiled softly. "Patton got you in a coloring mood, didn't he?"

"Yea." Roman mumbled as he pulled out his favorite Dora one and smiled. "Wanna see?" 

"Sure, bud. Why not?" Roman giggled as he brought it over to the table where Virgil sat on the floor just watching Roman flip through the pages. Virgil just chuckled as Roman flipped right past the Mona Lisa he had drawn so long ago. When Roman got to a good page he beamed as reached out for the crayons, grabbing a blue one. "Hey, Ro?" Roman hummed as he stuck the crayon in his mouth before grabbing a yellow one. "Never mind, I should ask until you're big again." Roman blinked slightly before giving Virgil this confused look. "Don't worry about it. You just keep coloring."

"Ok, Vi. If ya are sure?"

"I am." Virgil smiled as he ruffled Roman's hair making the prince laugh as he resumed coloring. By the time Roman was finished they were looking at a near Van Gogh look alike. "I still don't know how you can do that."

"I like art." Virgil nodded slightly as he got up to start picking things up. Roman frowned in confusion as he watched Virgil started to put all the crayons away. "Wha' are ya doin'?"

"Cleaning up." Virgil smiled as he ruffled his hair again before putting the book back on the shelf. "It's almost time for dinner and I'm certain Patton's going to want us all out there as a family tonight. Especially considering what happened."

"Bu' why are you cleaning?" Virgil froze up as the question hit him. "I can do it."

"I'm sure you can." Virgil frowned as he turned back to him with an awkward smile. "I actually didn't even think about it. I just started picking everything up. Don't worry about it, Ro. We can fight about it all later."

"Figh'?" Virgil sighed as Roman frowned with concern. "Why would we figh'? You were nice."

"I don't know, Roman. I just... always expect something to happen. Do you want me to help with the rest or..." Roman blinked as his frown only grew.

"No... I've got it." Virgil tensed hearing the slight change in Roman's tone as he nodded. 

"Ok, then. I see you for dinner then." Virgil started for the door as Roman just stood there frozen. 

"Thank you, Virgil." Virgil froze, hand on the door knob, as Roman gave him a soft smile.

"For what?" Roman just shrugged as he picked up the box of crayons off the table.

"For not judging me, I guess."