10

"Ro..." Virgil frowned as he walked in to find Roman leaned over his desk gripping his hair. "Roman?"

"What?" Roman's voice was sharp but Virgil didn't pay it any mind. He could see something was bothering the other.

"Are you ok?" Virgil gripped the tupperware he had in his hands tightly as he slowly made his way over.  "You don't look too..."

"I'm fine." Roman groaned as he shook his head and quickly got back to work. Virgil could see how Roman winced as he gripped his head, his hands shaking as he tried really hard to focus. 

"Is it Thomas?" Roman sighed as he nodded not wanting to speak. He just wanted to get his work done. "What is it this time?"

"He really wants to do that play." Virgil's eyes widened as Roman suddenly growled and erased what he had just written to rework it. "I can't... I can't focus because he wants ideas and I'm trying to... I have even- THOMAS!" Roman yelled out as he gripped his head letting the pencil fall to the table. Virgil smiled sadly seeing Roman so overwhelmed. He figured it was only a matter of time before the prince ended up slipping. "I need to focus. And not on that play. If you want to work on it, we can do it later. PLEASE!" Roman whined as he tried to get back to work. "Let me get this damn sheet work finished."

"Roman, I think you need a break."

"No. I need to get this thing done so Logan can get off my ass." Virgil huffed as he carefully set the container of food on the bed. "If you're just going to distract me, you can lea..."

"ROMAN!" Virgil whipped the chair around forcing the prince to look at him. Roman was frozen in silence, eyes wide as his pencil slipped out of his hands. Virgil smiled softly seeing how Roman's eyes started to soften, it was obvious he was slipping. "You need to take a break."

"No. No, I... I need to..." Roman shook his head trying to keep himself focused only to stop as Virgil took his hand. It was like this tug pulled him under and Roman just fell. His eyes looked up to meet with Virgil's soft expression as they lit up. "Vi?"

"You haven't eaten lunch. I thought I would make you something?" Roman's eyes narrowed as he tilted his head a bit in thought. "What?"

"You ma' me food?" Virgil nodded as he grabbed the container and Roman beamed. "Ooh! And you didn't put it on big pla'."

"Of course not. I know you don't use them when you eat in here." Roman giggled as Virgil passed him the container, swiftly grabbing the papers and notebooks before Roman snapped and changed the room over. Roman placed the container onto the table as Virgil walked over to the closet and pulled the blue box out. "What dish? Do you want... Mickey mouse? Stitch?" Roman paused for a second before smiling as he ran over to pull out a Moana one. "Moana it is." Virgil put the box back after pulling out a purple Boo cup and laughing. Virgil summoned a thing of juice much to Roman's surprise, as Virgil had never summoned anything before. No one knew he even could. Virgil smirked as he held a finger up making Roman giggle as he made a 'shh' sound in agreement. "Here you go, lil prince."

"JUICE!" Roman beamed as he sat and playfully tapped his hands and feet excitedly. Virgil rolled his eyes with a slight smile as he opened the container and placed the cut up toasted cheese sandwich squares on the plate. Roman's eyes went wide as he squealed. "Cheese Sammich!" Roman went to grab one only to stop and look around. "Wai'... Where Scrump?" Virgil ran over to the bed and grabbed it quickly passing it over making Roman smile as he hugged it. "Tank you, Vi."

"It's no prob, Ro. You eat up ok?" Roman nodded as he placed Scrump in its own chair and passed a sandwich square over to him. Virgil's eyes narrowed as he watched Roman share with his toy and he smiled. Mental note... make extra for the toy. He could always save the uneaten food for himself after. Yea... Make the extra food so Roman at least eats enough and shares like he wants to.

"Ea' up, Scrump!" Roman giggled as he grabbed a square of his own and his eyes lit up. "I's gooey again!" Virgil faltered as Roman literally beamed with joy. The prince took a bite and kicked his feet happily as he squealed. 

"I'm glad you like it. Guess I should be the one making these for you more often huh." Roman nodded enthusiastically as he just danced about in his chair. Virgil laughed softly as he sat on the bed and focused in on the papers he had snagged. He summoned himself a pen as he looked through everything. His eyes would dart over to Ro just making sure he was ok before turning back to the pages. He was writing down the last thing he needed to when Roman finally popped up in front of him with a curious look, holding scrump tightly in his hands.

"Vi? Wha' you doing?" Virgil jumped quickly setting the papers aside as Roman frowned. "Is you busy?"

"Never." Roman smiled as Virgil ruffed his hair. "I just wanted to help you out a bit. Do you want to play or..." Roman yawned and Virgil laughed as he pushed himself up off the bed. He grabbed the papers and smiled as he helped the prince into bed. 

"Vi? I dove you." Virgil frowned as Roman snuggled into his blankets with this happy smile. 

"Do you want me to turn the lamp on?" Roman nodded as he laid there watching Virgil's every movement. Virgil flipped the switch letting the bright stars swirl around the room making Roman's eyes shine. 

"Pretty." Virgil nodded in agreement as he sighed with content. "I dove you, Vi." Virgil smiled as Roman scooched himself further under the blankets. "We play later righ'?" 

"Whatever you want, Ro. I'll see you when you wake up."