8

Virgil stood there in front of the door hesitating slightly as he held his hand to knock. He knew Roman had given him permission but... He was still a bit worried. What if Roman was mad at him? What if Roman pushes him away and says he doesn't want to even be friends with him anymore? What if... What if he hates him now?

Worst still, what if all that ended up putting him in headspace and now Roman was scared of him. He had said he was scary. What if Roman was so scared now he doesn't even... Virgil just... He didn't want to lose the prince. He really didn't. Even still they needed to talk.

"Roman?" He knocked softly, actually hoping Roman was either gone or sleeping or... something. Yet the door opened anyway making Virgil heart drop as he looked up to see the prince with a very puffy and tired look in his eyes. "Ro?"

"Come on in." Roman huffed softly as he stepped aside to let Virgil in. Virgil was taken back by the fact that his room looked... Well, it looked like how he remembered it before he found out about Roman's regression. Roman walked over to the desk and sat down turning to these papers and notebooks as he wrote. Virgil didn't move. Not an inch. He just stood there awkwardly, until Roman frowned and looked back at him. "Are you going to sit or..."

"I didn't know if I should." Roman's eyes darkened as Virgil hugged himself a bit. "You look busy. I didn't want to bother you. I could always come back later..."

"I'm always busy, Virgil." Roman smiled softly as he finished writing this one thing down before pushing it all away and stretching. "It's ok. I've got some time to talk. I know we need to."

"Roman, really, it's ok. I can just..." Virgil cringed seeing the sad look in the princes eyes. He just nodded and slowly walked over to the bed to sit with an off look in his eyes. "You changed your room back."

"Yeah, well..." Roman laughed as he looked around. "I can't have everything distracting me when I work. It's hard enough staying out of headspace when I get overwhelmed. Having my room like this at least... it makes it somewhat possible."

"Roman?" Roman tensed up fully expecting Virgil to yell at him or call him weird. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"What?" Virgil smiled softly as he patted the space beside him. Roman only nodded as he moved from his office chair to the bed with this sad and anxious look.

"When I told you I supported regression... you could have told me." Roman went to say something but Virgil only cut him off with a shake of his head. "I can understand if you were afraid. I just... I wanted you to know. I do support it. Completely..."

"But I don't... I thought you would yell at me or something." Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman just shrugged. "I mean... if you think about it. You said it's a therapy, yes... I have no reason to..."

"You're overwhelmed." Roman's eyes narrowed in thought as Virgil just laughed. "Roman, I know why you would have started. I'm not stupid. You just when on a tangent about being completely drowned in work and getting no help. You're stressed out. That's plenty of reason."

"I... I didn't know if it was... an acceptable reason. Or if you would just..."

"Roman, I am completely supportive." Roman smiled softly as he nodded and pulled his knees up to hug them a bit. He could feel himself slipping but wanted to talk this out before anything happened. "I just want to make sure that you're ok."

"I'm ok." Roman muttered softly as he nodded along with what he was saying. "I mean, I don't have a caretaker, if that's what you're asking but... I'm good. I have everything I need."

"Do you mind telling me some information about your headspace?" Roman blinked in thought as Virgil smiled over at him. "Only if you want to but like... I think I would feel better if I knew. That way you had someone to help... if you wanted me to, you know."