17

Question for any littles that might read this... Do any of you have specific songs or music that you listen to when little? Personally, I listen to spooky scary skeletons. I don't know why... but it never fails to make me feel small and even when I don't put it on I'm always singing it when small. 

Also are there any prompts or things you might want to see in the book?

"What's this?" Roman chuckled softly as he glanced around. Virgil just rolled his eyes as he grabbed Roman by the arm dragging him out of the mind palace. "Hey, Wait... Virgil!"

"Don't ask questions. Just follow." Roman whined subtly as Virgil opened the car door with a smirk. "Unless you don't want the surprise I had planned?"

"Surprise?" Roman's eyes glimmered with joy as Virgil just nodded. "Wha'... Uh... What kind of surprise?" Virgil noticed the slight slip instantly as Roman blushed a bit. 

"A date." Virgil gestured to the picnic basket in his hand making Roman melt. "I figured... I would take you out on one."

"You planned a picnic. Love, you didn't have to..."

"Just get in, Ro." Roman rolled his eyes with a laugh as he did what he was told, letting Virgil put the basket in the back, only to notice the other bag already there. His eyes narrowed in confusion as Virgil got in himself and started the car.

"What's with that bag?" Virgil glanced back through the mirror and smiled as he took Roman's hand in his, driving off to their destination. "Hun?"

"Well... Roman..." Roman frowned in concern as Virgil just kept his eyes on the road. That was until the prince noticed just where they were going. "I realized one of two things was going to happen when I planned this. Either... You and I enjoy our date together or..." Virgil pulled into the park and already Roman could feel that childish excitement growing in him. "Or... You slip and the two of us enjoy a nice play date together. I planned for either and to be completely honest, Hun... I am totally fine with either option."

"The Park?" Virgil nodded as he quickly got out letting Roman take his time, who was just trying to keep himself out of headspace. "Uh... Why?"

"Well,  I told you. I wanted something we could enjoy in either setting. I know this nice spot further in that's surrounded by flowers and trees." Virgil spoke softly as he grabbed the picnic basket handing it to Roman who just smiled as he held it. "It seems like a nice romantic spot you would like but... I didn't want to cause any needless stress over your headspace... So really Roman. I don't care either way. If you want to slip, go right ahead." Roman quickly shook his head, gripping the basket tightly as Virgil smiled happily. "Well, alright then. You carry the basket and I'll lead the way."

"Ok." Virgil grabbed the bag filled with little things just in case, before leading the two of them off to this nice spot in the park. Roman's eyes lit up when he saw it. He just laughed as he spun about the area taking in all the pretty flowers before turning just in time to see Virgil laying a blanket down. "It's beautiful, Love."

"I'm glad you like it." Roman nodded as he slowly made his way over just melting into the atmosphere and loving every second of it. Roman just watched as Virgil took the lead with everything handing out the little sandwiches and drinks. 

After they ate the two found themselves just laying there on the blanket together watching the clouds pass. Virgil was in heaven. He never thought he would be here with his crush... now boyfriend. He didn't think Roman would even like him back but... Here they were... and he couldn't be happier. Roman snuggled in closer and sighed happily over it all. The date was better than could have ever thought but then again... They didn't have to do much to make him happy. As long as he was with his love then that was all that mattered. There was a slight problem though.