2

"Come on Scrump." Roman giggled as he danced about the room. He had it all set up just for when he was like this, which was more often than most might have thought was possible with all his adventures. Truth be told, Roman didn't go on as many as he let others believe. He just told people that so they wouldn't bother him when he wanted to be alone for the day. In fact, the only time his room wasn't like this was when he was working or when the others were in there. He didn't want anyone to know and he couldn't let himself get distracted from his job. Now, however... he only cared about getting those blocks he had on one of his toy shelves. 

"Stay righ' there, Scrump." Roman smiled as he placed his toy carefully beside him. He quickly grabbed a green box from the shelf and dumped it onto the floor giggling. "Oopsie." Roman plopped onto the floor grabbing scrump again as he started to move all his boxes around. He paused for a second bringing scrump closer to his ear as if listening to what it could be saying. "I nee' a fwend? No, I don'." Roman frowned slightly as he set the stuffy down again. "I'm ok. I got my blocks and my colowing books... and all of ya guys. I'm ok."

"Wha'?" Roman pouted as he crossed his arms just glaring at Scrump. "Stop. I'm ok." Roman stumbled to his feet as he ran over to his closet and pulled out a large purple box. "Dress up." Roman smiled as he pulled out his favorite outfit. He didn't often feel small enough to wear a onesie or need a paci and bottle, but he did have a onesie he would wear regardless. He even had a pair of red shorts to go with it. It was honestly adorable watching Roman struggle to put his little outfit on. He rolled around the floor a bit as he did all the buttons and pulled his shorts up. 

"Now I a pwince." Roman just giggled as he scampered back over to his blocks. "And I shall ma' me a castle. You my prince, Scrump. Ok?" Roman smiled softly as he started to place build with his block. He had a decent wall built up before someone knocked on his door making him jump and accidentally knock it all down. "Gweat. Who is it?" 

"It's Patton. Is everything ok in there kiddo?" Roman frowned as he forced himself to stand up and move over to the door. He tried to clear his thoughts as he glanced around at everything.

"Yeah, I'm good. Is there a problem or..."

"No, no... Nothing like that. It's just Virgil may have mentioned that you snapped at him earlier and Logan was concerned because you had run off or something. I just wanted to check in to make sure you were feeling ok." Roman paled as he looked himself over. "Do you think you could open the door. So I can see your handsome face?" Roman groaned as he leaned against the door. Roman knew Patton was just being his typically parental self when he says things like that but having Patton coo his words like he does doesn't help when Roman is trying to stay out of his headspace. "Kiddo?"

"I'm not decent, Pat." Roman's voice cracked slightly as his eyes went to scrump. "I was about to take a shower. I promise I'm ok."

"Ok. If you're sure?"

"I'm sure, Pat, please... I left the water running." Roman frowned as he heard Patton shift through the door. "I'll talk to you later?"

"Ok, kiddo. I'll talk to you later." Roman slumped against the door as he listened to the footsteps fade. He sighed sadly as he looked back over at his favorite stuffie.

"Sorry, bud. Looks like our playdate might be cut short." Roman sighed as he slowly made his way over, carefully putting his blocks back in the box. "Oh, don't give me that look. If Patton realizes my door is locked now that he thinks I'm sick, the first thing he'll do is knock it down just to make sure I wasn't somehow dying. Better to be safe than sorry." Roman pushed the box back to its spot on the toy self before picking scrump up and smiling as he brushed his fingers over it. "We can still take a small nap. Ok?" Roman giggled as he carefully crawled over his sheets until he was practically getting swallowed by his stuffie and pillow pile. "Ni' nite, scrump." Roman cuddled up close to his toy as he let out a soft breath, his Disney blankets covering him nicely.

"What were you reading again?" Virgil groaned as he plopped down onto the couch with an annoyed glare. 

"Lo, I told you. I was reading a book about regression. The main character had PTSD and used it to help cope with the trauma. It's a really good book, but Roman snapped over it." Logan frowned as Virgil leaned against the arm of the couch tiredly. "I don't know. Roman wasn't exactly wrong. They are adults acting like children but... for a reason. Patton acts childishly and Roman doesn't have a problem with that. Why did he get so upset over this?"

"I don't know, kiddo. Maybe, it's not that he was upset but... surprised?" Virgil shot Patton this look making the other clam up. 

"Part of me is actually glad I never got into it. If that's how he reacted over just me reading a book I'd hate to find out how he would've reacted to me actually regressing." Logan's eyes narrowed as Virgil curled up slightly. "What if... What if Roman's mad at me now? What if he hates me? What if..."

"Kiddo, Roman doesn't hate you."

"Patton, he yelled at me over a book and then ignored me." Patton frowned as Virgil just stared off brokenly. "He was obviously mad at me. It's not that far off to think he would hate me."

"Virgil..." Virgil violently shook his head cutting Logan off as he just sighed. 

"Stop trying to make me feel better. I don't want to." Virgil's eyes darkened as he stared at the table with tears in his eyes. "The point is Roman snapped at me over something I genuinely supported. If he wants to hate me for that fine. We'll just go back to how things were before then. I survived his attitude then... I'll make do with it now."

"What are we talking about?" Virgil crashed as Roman's voice echoed through the room. His eyes darted up to see Roman smiling brightly in a loose-fitting tank and jeans. Even in comfortable close Roman glowed. A slight blush dusted the prince's cheeks as Virgil groaned and looked away, making Roman's smile fall instantly. "Virge? Is something wrong?"

"You tell me. You're the one that snapped at me." Roman's eyes went wide as he bit his lip and looked away. Virgil just scoffed as he rolled his eyes. "Figured. Just forget it. Can we get this stupid move night started already? I'm already getting tired of everyone."

"What are we watching?" Roman mumbled quietly as he hesitantly looked around. Patton just smiled softly as he started for the tv.

"I figured we'd watch some Disney. Maybe we'd start with Lion King?" Roman's heart just dropped. "I thought we would have dinner here while we watch them."

"Oh." Great... Disney... his favorite. Roman's eyes darkened as he forced himself to sit on the couch beside the emo nightmare. The very one currently staring daggers into him... "I love Disney."

"We know." Virgil muttered as Roman just deflated more. He did love Disney. It was his favorite... but it was also something that made him feel really little... 

and movie nights were mandatory.