12

"Damn it. Damn it. Damn it... Where in the hell..." Roman froze, a look of pure panic on his face, as he stopped searching. He couldn't help the tears in his eyes. His panic burning through him so much he just crashed. "Damn it." There was a knock on his door and he actually flinched. He lost it. How in the hell did he lose it? He remembered Virgil pulling him away, telling him to take a break. He remembered slipping and then... then Virgil gave him a sandwich and he took a nap but... He never moved it. He never did anything with his sheet work so where did it go?! Again the knock sounded and Roman groaned as he forced himself to look presentable and not about to burst into tears and cry like a... well, he figured the second he started to cry he would slip so it would be like a child he would be a child. 

"Roman?" Oh frick. Oh fudge. Oh... Roman could feel himself breaking. It was Logan. God, why did it have to be... "Roman, are you in there? I wish to discuss the sheet work." Of course. Roman forced himself to stay out of his headspace that was slowly but surely trying to drag him under from all this emotional overload. He opened the door and just froze up completely seeing Logan there with this concerned look. "Roman?"

"What?" Logan sighed as he shook his head before smiling up at the prince making Roman falter. "I uh..." Roman cringed as he gripped the door tightly trying to get his thoughts to words. "Logan, look..."

"I want to thank you. Oh?" Roman's eyes shot wide as Logan quirked a brow, the two of them having spoken at the same time.

"Thank me? What for?"

"Well, for finishing the sheet work." Roman's blood turned to ice as Logan's smile grew a bit. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about. I wanted to thank you for getting it finished and handed over promptly despite the obvious strain. I do hope things will lessen. I don't particularly approve of the obvious stress you're in. Although, I do appreciate you having Virgil assist you. You cut greatly out of our needed time and allow for more... relaxation?"

"I'm confused." Roman's grip on the door relaxed as he just frowned at the logical one. "What do you mean... What's about Virgil?"

"Well he had helped you, yes?" Roman confusion only grew as Logan glanced off in thought trying to remember everything that had happened. "He came by around lunch to hand the sheet work over saying you were taking a bit of a break so I shouldn't bother you just yet. He gave his approval and even went over things with me which I'm always thankful for as it allows me to work my job through at a much more fluid pace."

"Virgil... Wait, Virgil gave you my sheet work? But it wasn't..." Roman stopped as the memory of his slip spun around his mind. Virgil had his notebook. Virgil was writing and working things over. He thought Virgil was busy but... "Virgil finished it for me?"

"Well, he didn't go into any deep details. He simply said that he helped you out and since he did that he was able to do his part of it at the same time." That caught Roman's attention making Logan sigh and fix his glasses. "All idea's and plans must be brought to Virgil's attention first. His job as Thomas's protector makes it so that he has to look through everything and tweak whatever might be too dangerous or worrying. He then brings it back to my attention and if anything is in dire need of change I will then bring it back up to you. Although it's not often that that is necessary. Since he was apart of the planning it reduced the necessary steps thus allowing us to implement them for more efficiently. So I wanted to thank you for allowing him to help you."

"Uh..."

"I hope that with his help... maybe a lot of the stress you're under will... dissipate?" Roman really didn't know what to say. He just blinked in thought and nodded slightly as Logan walked off. His eyes caught sight of that familiar black hoodie retreating into his own room and Roman blanked for a second.

"Virgil!" The door shot back open as a very confused emo glanced around only to freeze as their eyes melt. Roman smiled as this sense of relief just crashed over him. "Thank you."

"For?" Virgil laughed as he slowly walked over. He jumped the second Roman pulled him in for a hug just breaking down. Virgil sighed as he wrapped his arms around him supportively. 

"Th-thank you." Virgil nodded as Roman held him tight trying to stop crying but it wasn't working at all. "F-For the sheet work... f-for just... b-being there." He could feel himself slipping under and honestly for the first time, at least when he wasn't by himself. He really didn't care. "T-Tank you, Vi."

"I'm glad I could help." Virgil gently pulled away to see Roman still crying and his heart twinged at the sight. "Why don't we go in and watch some Disney?" Roman's eyes seemed to sparkle even under all the tears that Virgil gently wiped away. "I think you could use it."

"Wha' we watch?" Virgil chuckled as he carefully led the other in watching as Roman blinked and changed his room over. "Vi?"

"Whatever you want to bud. Let me just lock the door ok?" Roman nodded as he made his way to his movie collection. He pulled one out and giggled as he ran over to his bed and curled up with all his stuffies, scrump once again finding himself in the princes arms. Virgil melted as he took the movie making Roman beam and move about to make room for the other. "Aladdin?" Roman nodded as Virgil just rolled his eyes playfully and put it in. He laid himself back against the bed and froze up suddenly feeling Roman curl up against his chest.

"I dove you, Vi. Tank you fo' he'p'ing." Virgil relaxed as he wrapped one arm around the other supportively as the movie started.

"It's no problem at all, Bud. I'm more than happy to help, if you want me to."