13

"So kiddo..." Virgil hummed lightly as he sat there sewing up a small stuffed bear with Patton who was making toys to take to the imagination. "Logan mentioned you were helping Roman." 

"Yeah." Virgil smiled softly as his eyes narrowed, focusing on where his threading was going. He was surprised when Patton had asked him to help make them as Virgil had never told anyone that he could. They all had something they could do. Roman was best as art, typically drawing and painting. Logan was a master of his words and could write poetry as well as write better than any of them. Patton was the best at cooking and baking, having tried to get Thomas to learn but not having much success until Thomas got hello fresh. Virgil... Well, it started out small. He was just trying to fix up his hoodie. Then he added patches. And then he started to sew other things... and then he started to make things...

And now here he is with the ability to sew nearly ever stitch, use a sewing machine, knit, and crotchet. He found a sense of calm in the repetitiveness. Now he was just trying to make it seem like the person who was sewing this bear hadn't literally made about a hundred before it. He never kept any of his creations except his hoodie. 

"I'm surprised he's letting you. After all he was adamant that he didn't need any help." Virgil paused for a second catching on to why Patton had wanted his help in the first place. He should have realized from the start. The two of them were just sitting there in the living room boxes of crafts and fabrics around them as Patton smiled over at him expectantly. 

"He's ok, Patton." The father figments eyes fell as he realized he had been caught. "I know you're worried but... He's ok."

"I... I know. I just... He looked so drained the other day. He was so upset. I could feel it, you know?" Virgil nodded completely understanding what he meant. Another thing he didn't tell any of them... His power. They all have one. Even... Even the others do. Roman creates things. Patton feels a person's emotions. Logan can access a person's memories as well as remember everything himself so that he can use his knowledge at a later date. Virgil's power is all them. Well, no. His power is to access the others powers to do all he can to keep things stable and running. As Anxiety his job is to protect and push people forward. He can't do everything they can do. Virgil can't summon huge things or anything living. He can't access another's memories but he does have photographic memory himself. He can't manipulate another's emotions but he does feel them if only a bit, most of the time if it's fear. "I'm worried about him, Kiddo."

"I know. I said I know. But I can promise you he's ok... Plus, I'm helping where I can." Patton seemed to lighten a bit as Virgil passed him over the tiny hand stitched bear. It was nothing extravagant like he'd usually make. It was more like those free bears a small kid in the hospital might get to help calm them down. Even still Patton was happy.

"Thank you for helping, Kiddo. I got so many done because you did. And they all look so good!" Patton beamed as he added it to the pile making Virgil laugh. 

"You were not lying, Patton. You both have exceeded the quantity I thought was possible." Patton jumped a bit at the sudden hand to his back as Logan smiled from where he had come in. He had a cup of coffee in his hand that he was slowly sipping. "Virgil... Might I inquire the whereabouts and wellbeing of Roman?" Virgil was about to say he wasn't the prince's... well... caretaker... and that he didn't know where he was or what he was doing at all times, but a certain boisterous voice cut him off before he could.

"I'm right here, Nerd." Roman laughed as he slid in with a smile. "And I'm fine. Why is everyone so worked up all of a sudden?"

"They're just worried because of the whole stress thing." Roman's eyes widened a bit as Virgil sighed and shook his head. "And since I've been helping you they've made it there mission to bother me with all their questions so they don't add to your stress."