Roman stumbled for a bit, unable to get his mind to focus. He had been trying to figure out what to say for a while now. Then again how was he supposed to tell his best friend he was in love with him... how was he supposed to tell Virgil that not hearing it back hurt so much... it hurt to the point that... Roman didn't want to regress and risk saying it again. 

Roman hated pushing him away. He hated every second of it. Every time Virgil came in Roman had to stop himself from regressing just over the joy he felt being near him... and again when he let Virgil leave without saying goodbye... the pain making him want to cry.

He just couldn't do it. Every single time Virgil left Roman wanted to call out and make him stay. God he loved that man so much. So much... it hurt him so much. Yet here he was, right outside his door, trying to catch his breath. He realized that... even with the pain he felt over how badly he was in love with Virgil not having him in his life was the worst kind of torture. Seeing Virgil run out the door the second he walked in, even if Patton assured him it wasn't because of him, made him crash. He needed his stormcloud. He needed to fix this.

He took a deep breath, ignoring the anxiety he felt, as he knocked lightly on the door. For a second Roman wondered if it was loud enough, questioning if he had to knock again, but that subtle come in made him freeze up. With his eyes already tearing up, Roman opened the door slowly to see Virgil close his closet before looking over and stopping short. The look Virgil got actually struck the prince hard as he realized he really did fuck up.

"Virg-..."

"What?" Virgil growled making Roman flinch. 

"Ouch." Roman laughed fakely as Virgil just rolled his eyes and walked over to his bed not even caring that Roman was there. "Virgil, I... I wanted to talk."

"Why?" Roman's eyes narrowed as he walked closer noticing how Virgil laid down, facing away from the prince as if he could ignore his pressence all together. "You didn't want to do anything last I knew."

"We NEED to talk."

"I see." Virgil growled as Roman's hand went to his chest, his tears building up but refusing to fall. "So basically you only want to talk because you feel we need to. Roman, we don't need to do anything."

"Virgil..."

"You're the one that pushed me away. If you would rather me leaving you alone than fine. I just..." Virgil frowned as the younger curled up a bit. "I don't what I did."

"Virg-... What?" Roman's heart shattered as Virgil laughed and shook his head cuddling up to a pillow to hide the tears that wanted to fall. "What do you mean? Virgil... You didn't do anything wrong."

"Really? I find that very hard to believe." Roman forced himself to sit down on the bed, despite his anxiety and the instant glare Virgil gave him. 

"You didn't do anything wrong, Virgil."

"YOU LOCKED ME OUT!" Virgil yelled as he pushed himself up, his tears finally falling as Roman's already shattered heart turned to dust. "You locked me out. You don't talk to me anymore. Half the time you can't even look at me. Roman... The only interation we have had since the whole mess thing was about Thomas. We only talk about Thomas. I ask you how your day is and you either ignore me or mutter a half concious 'I'm fine'. I can't get anything from you anymore." Virgil's eyes narrowed noticing how Roman stared blankly at the ground only serving to prove his point. "Even now... You STILL can't look at me."

"Virg..."

"I don't know what I did to make you hate me."

"Vir... Virgil..." Roman was spiralling. His heart racing as he struggled to keep some semblance of himself. He was falling fast with nothing to hold onto and the rocky shore of his headspace rocketing closer with every second. "Virg-..."

"I had to have done something. I mean... I know you said you weren't angry that I yelled but you were little so you could have lied. I didn't mean to yell or... I just... I don't know what I did."

"Vir... P'e... Please?" He was trying. Roman at this point knew for a fact that there was nothing he could do to stop his slip. "V-Virg-gil." He was trying to catch the others attention... give him a warning so to speak, but Virgil was so upset he wasn't hearing Roman at all.

"I don't know. I just don't know. I... What did I do that could upset you so much? You locked me out. I thought we were done with that. I thought we had gotten over all that crap. I thought you trusted me. Haven't I proved that you could? Why do you suddenly fucking hate me?"

"VI STOP!" Virgil froze up, eyes darting over to the prince currently hyperventalating into is hands, tears streaming down his cheeks. Roman slowly met the others gaze and everything crashed in Virgil. "Vi, p'ease... stop."

"Oh, shit." Virgil mumbled guiltily under his breath as Roman sniffled. "I just forced a slip didn't I?" Roman didn't do a thing. He just pushed his knees up into his chest as he cried. It had been so long since he actually regressed. He could feel himself getting smaller with every second and his anxiety was getting worse. "Oh, god. I'm so sorry, Ro. I didn't mean to. I just..."

"Stop." Roman whined pathetically as Virgil slowly sat up more. "P'ease, Vi... P'ease stop."

"Oh, Ro, I..." Virgil just sat there, hands in his lap, with this down cast look. "I'm sorry."

"I no..." Roman whined again as he tried to get his words out. "I... I-I..." Virgil's frown only grew as he looked up to see just how upset Roman was. "No... N-No hate." The prince gulped as he laid himself into Virgil chest who tensed up fully expecting Roman to be so mad at him he'd rather leave then ever touch him. "No hate. No hate."

"Ro..."

"'ove 'ou" Virgil's eyes shot wide as his arms wrapped protectively around the other. " 'ove you, 'E... I..." Roman whined yet again showing his distress as he just snuggled closer to Virgil.

"Roman, just how small are you right now?" Roman's eyes narrowed as he shook his head and burried himself further into him. "Ok... Ok. Do you want to go back to your room?" Roman's only response to that was a low whine that made Virgil's heart break. Out of all the times Roman's regressed around him, he's never not been able to talk. "I don't know what you want." Roman hugged him tighter crying into his chest as he basically made grabby hands to his back. Roman wanted Virgil. He didn't care where he was or what's going on. He just wanted Virgil. He wanted his... his da-... His friend.

"Let's go back to your room, lil prince. We can cuddle with scrump. Would you like that?"

"'o 'eave me." Roman whimpered as Virgil started to pull away. "no... 'o weave... no 'eave me."

"I'm not going to leave you. I promise. Come one, little one." Roman followed limply behind as he held Virgil's finger firmly. Virgil smiled softly as he opened the door seeing Roman's room shift as if responding to princes mental age. Things were a bit softer in color. His car bed was now more a matress made to look like a bassenet around the box spring. Virgil's eyes narrowed as he took in the changes. It was definately for a younger age headspace. Virgil lead the prince over to the bed who found his scrump just lying there. Even as young as he was Scrump was always something that helped him. "Why don't we rest ok? I think with everything going on, it might be a good thing to take a nap." Roman instantly made grabby hands not wanting Virgil to leave him for even a second.

"Are you sure, Little prince? I just going to make a spot on the floor or something." It wouldn't be the first time they've cuddled but Virgil didn't know how 'big' Roman would react if he woke up to find himself with Virgil in his arms. He didn't want to risk it but... Roman only cried and made more grabby hands. Virgil wasn't going to deny the poor guy and make him upset. "Ok, then." Virgil smiled as he laid himself back against the pillows, pulling the soft white blankets over them both. Roman instantly curled against him, thumb seconds from his mouth. Virgil let his fingers trail through Roman's hair as the other seemed to whimper and sniffle with every breath. "Baby boy?" Roman slowly looked up to see Virgil smiling at him, gently moving to brush the tears from the others eyes. "Get some sleep, little one. I'm not going anywhere."

"'ove 'ou." Virgil frowned as Roman snuggled against him. Once again Virgil didn't say it back. He juat laid there hold him tightly but Roman didn't care. Not this time. He just wanted Virgil to hold him. Nothing else mattered but that.

"Sleep tight, Sweet prince."