14

After that Roman seemed to shut himself off from the other again. Whenever Virgil would go to check on him he'd only respond with an I'm fine. They only ever seemed to work together anymore. Virgil would help him with his planning and then leave. Roman never seemed to want him to stay. So right now, Virgil found himself in his small studio working on a teddy bear of his own instead of Patton, trying hard not to let himself overthink what it was he could have done wrong.

He sat there slowly moving the needle through the plush fabric, just trying to melt into the calmness of it all. He just didn't understand what he did, but Roman had clearly pushed him away. He frowned as he stared the unfinished bear down with this sad look in his eyes. He grabbled the flush filling and started to plush up all the small parts as he went through it in his mind. Was Roman upset about... No, he couldn't be upset about the sheet work. That was a long while ago and Virgil was still helping him with his work. If Roman was upset about it he wouldn't have thanked him and continued to let him help.

Virgil finished stuffing it all and started to put everything together. The white fluffy bear had extremely soft 'fur' that made Virgil smile a bit as his fingers brushed against it. It took him forever but when it was finally done he just stared at it with a small fond look. He traced the invisible stitch work laughing softy before going to put the handsewn shirt on it. It was red and gold, and Virgil wasn't blind to the insperation that had made the bear. His thought wouldn't leave the prince so clearly the bear he made to help calm him down would have been inspired by the prince too. Virgil rolled his eyes as he decided to hell with it. He waved his fingers over the bears hip giving the bear a small yet notible pin like addition of Roman's logo before beaming as he just held it. 

virgil sighed as he got lost in those green button eyes. Maybe it was becaus of all the time he spend with Roman in his little space. Virgil really didn't know. All he did know was he was upset and feeling alone. So he hugged the freshly made teddy and walked over to his bed to curl up with tears in his eyes. He really didn't know what he did to upset the prince so much. He knew that he had said if Roman and him ever went back to how it was... he would survive but... it isn't even like that. Roman hardly talks to him unless it's about Thomas and what there working on. Roman's gone back to locking his door although in all honesty Virgil wasn't even sure if it was because he had slipped into headspace or if he just didn't want people to bother him. Virgil was highly confused. He was confused and he was hurt. Because the one thing he didn't want...

Was to lose his prince.

Even still he couldn't just lay here and cry. Even if something in him really wanted to... he had to get up. He had to do something. So he hugged the bear tighter as he forced himself to get up and leave his room. If he didn't at some point Patton would start to get concerned. He slowly shuffled his way out of the room. His own thought at the moment was to just be active for Thomas and Patton. He just wanted to nap to be honest. He was so daze in a sense he had forgotten he was still cuddling up to the Roman bear. The was until...

"OH MY GOD!" Patton screamed making Virgil jump suddenly in shock. Virgil frowned in confusion as Patton giggled and ran over hesitantly brushing his fingers against the bear makign Virgil realize he still had it with a blush. "It's so cute!"

"Uh... Th-Thanks." Virgil mumbled as he hugged it closer his anxiety starting to bubble up in it. Logan's eyes narrowed from the couch as he set his book down with a quirked brow.

"Parden me but is that Roman's insignia?" Virgil blushed as he tried to hide it only for Patton to pretty much grab it and squeal.

"It is. It is. It's a Roman bear. Oh my god. That's so cute. I want one." Virgil faltered as Patton hugged it tightly with a happy smile. "Where did you find it? Do they have one for all of us? I want a stuffy for all my kiddos." Virgil smiled awkwardly as he gently tugged the bear back into his arms reveling in the calmness it helped to provide. Maybe this was what Roman felt with scrump. If it was... He finally understood why a little could enjoy carrying around a stuffed toy. 

"Uh... Yeah... I um... I'm sure I can figure out something." Patton squeeled more as Virgil's shy smile grew a bit more. "But uh... Actually... I didn't realize I still had him so... I'm gonna go..."

"Yeah, no, You go right ahead kiddo. I bet that's super important to you." Virgil paused blush painting his face brightly as he quickly shook his head making Patton laugh.

"I-It's just... Roman. I... It was an impulse thing. Don't read into it." Virgil quickly ran out of the room to hide the bear, that he decided to keep for once, completely oblivious to the prince who just walked in as he left.

"Was that... Virgil?" Roman frowned as his hand clenched around his cup of tea. 

"Oh, yeah kiddo!" Patton giggled as he joined Logan back on the couch with his cookies. "Virgil was just showing us this teddy bear he got. It was so cute. He said he was going to find some for me too. I can't wait."

"So why did he leave?" Roman's eyes were trained on the door as he tried really hard not to let it hurt him. He's been doing the same anyway. "He just ran out the second I walked in. Maybe I wanted to see it too."

"Oh, don't worry kiddo. It wasn't because of you. He just didn't realize he still had it and wanted it up safe is all. If you want you could go talk to him." Roman jumped as his eyes darted to father figment glaring knowingly at the prince. "After all you haven't really been hanging out much anymore have you."

"Nothing happened, Patton. Don't give me that look." Roman growled as he turned his focus back to the hall before sighing. "But you're right... I should talk to him."

"Atta boy Kiddo." 

"Can you not..." Roman growned as he ran his hand through his hair trying to ignore how Patton never fails to make him feel small. "I'll be back. I'm gonna go have that chat now." Roman followed Virgil out as a soft sigh sounded behind him along with shifting of paper.

"Going to... It's not gonna, Roman. Please speak properly when around me."

"Oh, shush, there Logie..." Patton giggled as he offered him a cookie. "Let's let the boys be ok?"