16

"I dove you." Roman whispered as he sat there pouting. He was beyond done with this. If 'big' Roman couldn't do it, then 'little' Roman was. He was done. He was tired of getting ignore or brushed off. He was tired of it hurting. He just wanted to it one time. Why couldn't he hear it just one time? "I dove you, Vi... P'ease? P'ease, say it..." 

"Did you say something?" Virgil called from the closet making Roman pout even more. "Ro?" Roman looked away making Virgil frown as he turned away from the closet. "Baby boy, what's wrong?"

"I NOT A BABY!" Roman yelled making Virgil tense as his arms fell to his side stunned. 

"Ok." Virgil looked away as Roman suddenly panicked thinking Virgil was going to leave.

"No. no. no... I sowey." Virgil's frown only grew as Roman started to cry. "I sowey. P'ease. P'ease don't leave. I just... I no' happy."

"I can see that." Roman huffed as he crossed his arms giving Virgil another angry pout. "Roman, what's wrong?" Roman's pout faltered at Virgil's tone. The other didn't even use a nickname. "Roman?"

"You... You mad?" Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roman fumbled for his scrump. He never liked making Virgil mad. "No be mad. P'ease no be mad."

"Roman, I'm not mad."

"Yes, you a'e." Roman pouted again and Virgil sighed as he just gave him this look. 

"Roman..." Roman looked away with another huff as Virgil sat beside him on the bed. "What's wrong?"

"I no' happy." Virgil nodded trying to get the other to talk before Roman just deflated and stared down at his scrump. "I dove you, Vi."  Roman glanced over just to see Virgil's reaction and he crashed all the more, tears pricking at his eyes. Virgil just sat there with this dull expression, no indication at all that he felt the same. "I... Vi..." He whined. All he wanted was for Virgil to say it... no. No. He didnt want him to say it and not mean it. Roman wanted Virgil to feel the same way. "Vi, I dove you." Virgil could only sigh.

"I know, Roman." Roman could literally feel his heart breaking. "Can you tell me why your so upset now?"

"I dove you..."

"Ro..." 

"Why you no dove me back?" Virgil froze up as Roman's tears started to fall. "I say I dove you and you say it back to me. Do... Do you no' dove me?" 

"Ro..."

"Do you... Do..." Roman whined as he hugged scrump tight to his chest. "Does Vi ha-... Hate me?"

"I never said...

"YOU NEVER SAY IT BACK!" Virgil faltered as Roman cried harder. "I say I dove you all te time. I say it so Vi no have ta be scawed. I say it so you know... I dove you. I dove you so much. You my pwince. But you no say it back. You never say it back." 

"Roman..."

"Why Vi hate me?" Virgil reached out to comfort him only for Roman to flinch away making the other freeze. "Why you no like me, Vi? What I do? Did... Did I hu' you again? Did I say somefing bad? I don' mean to. I dove you. I... I no wan' you to ha' me. I no wanna lose you."

"Roman, I do not hate you." Virgil spoke with a stern yet caring tone as he moved till he was sitting criss cross directly facing him. "I do not hate you at all, little one." Roman frowned as he shook his head making Virgil deflate. "Ro..."

"I don' know what I did, bu' I sowey." Roman's eyes were darting everywhere except Virgil as he tried to reign in his thoughts. "I know... I know I wa' mean. I deft you... made you sad... locked te door." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roman frowned at the door. "Bu' you no say it before that. You never say it. I' hur'... so I... I deft. I deft cuz it hur' me, Vi. I dove you and... You don't dove me."

"Roman, of course I love you." Roman only growned making Virgil's frown grow.

"No."

"No? No, what? Roman..." Virgil honestly didn't know what to do. "I thought you wanted me to say it."

"I no want you to say it, Vi. I dove you! I want you to... I... I-I..." Roman blanked out a bit concerning Virgil, but the moment Roman started to blink a bit he understood. Roman was trying to force himself out of headspace. "I uh..." Roman shook his head trying really hard to pull himself out. It was harder than usual as his emotions were running rampant. "I... Vi... V-Vir..." Virgil didn't bother to stop him. Normally Virgil would try to calm him down but he just figured concidering Roman was clearly mad at him Roman wouldn't listen anyway. That wasn't entirely true as the reason Roman was trying to pull himself out wasn't because he was mad. "V-Virg-..." Roman blinked himself out of his thoughts before turning to see Virgil just sitting there staring off into nothing. "Virgil, I... I don't want you to say it." Virgil frowned as Roman smiled sadly. The prince took a deep breath as he set scrump down showing all the more that he wasn't in his headspace at that moment and therefore was in the 'right' mindset to mean what he says. "Virgil, I love you. I want you to love me to. I want you to feel it."

"Yeah, right..." Virgil muttered under his breath making Roman frown. 

"Virgil..."

"Just don't... Don't-..." Virgil sighed as he crossed his arms as if hugging something close to him. He actually missed the bear... the comfort it gave him. "Roman, I just..."

"Virgil, look at me please." Virgil flinched before doing as he was told and meeting with the Prince tear filled smile. "I love you and that is why I locked myself away." Virgil's eyes darkened as he hugged himself closer wanting to just go and hide and not deal with any of this. "It was starting to hurt. Being with you... saying that I love you... I told you, when I'm in little space I don't have a filter. I confessed to you without a second thought but... when I was out of it all I just felt pain over it. Eventually I just... I got tired of not hearing it back. I love you more than anything Virgil. You mean so much to me..."

"Can you not lie to me?" Roman's eyes widdened as Virgil glared him down. "I can understand you saying it in little space. What kid doesn't latch onto the person they feel safe with? But for you to sit there and... and say it when I can't blame it on your headspace... are you trying to hurt me?"

"What?" Virgil laughed as he looked away. "Virgil, I'm not lying."

"Well, I sure as fuck don't believe you." Roman's face fell as Virgil started to grip his hair. He really really wanted to get his bear. "I mean... There's just no way... I... you... Roman, it's just not possible."

"Virgil. I love you..."

"Why in the world would you ever fall for me?" Roman's eyes hardened with a look of seriousness as Virgil started to shake. "It hurts. It seriously hurt. Every god damn time you said it but... I ignored it. I brushed it off as little you being little you. I tried so hard not to let it affect anything." 

"Vir..."

"God damn it, Roman. I fucking love you too, ok?" Roman's eye lit up as Virgil started to cry. "I love you. I do. That's why I never said anything. Hearing you repeatedly say it was like torture because I KNEW you didn't actually love me. Not like I do you. Now you pulling this shit... I want to punch you. I swear... fucking hell. Why would you..." Virgil stopped cold as Roman grabbed his shirt and pulled him in till there lips touched. Virgil's mind seemed to blank out as everything came crashing around him. When Roman finally pulled away Virgil was had tear streeks down his cheeks that matched Roman's. 

"Virgil, I love you. I'm not lying. I mean every word. I've loved you for so long. It completely shattered me when you tried to duck out. It was my fault and I... I hated everything I did to hurt you so much. I'm so sorry, Virgil. I really do love you. Why do you think I clung to you so much in headspace. You mean everything me." Roman smiled softly as he brushed Virgil's hair back. The younger was so dazed he could't even look the prince in the eyes. "You're my safe space, Virge. Please don't ever think I could hate you. I haven't forgotten that fight in your room. Please?" Roman's smile fell a bit with concern noticing how the daze never really fell. "Virge? Love?"

"Huh?" Virgil mumbled making Roman all the more worried. "I-I'm so...sor... uh... Did you just..." Virgil pressed his fingers to his lips making Roman chuckle and nodded. "You... wit'... with uh... me? Why?"

"Because I love you, Virgil." Roman pulled him in melting at how Virgil snuggled into his chest. "I love you."

"I love you to, Princey."