4

Virgil stood there listening to the sizzle from the pan as the bread toasted in the low heat. Virgil flipped the bread over drizzling a small bit of mustard on both slices of bread before laying a piece of cheese down. He sighed as he grabbed the bag of shredded cheese and sprinkled some of it over the sliced cheese, before placing another slice over it like a pocket. He put the other bread over it all, placing the pan top on to let it sit as he leaned against the counter lost in through. 

He knew something was off. He was extremely observant. And... as much as he hated to admit it... he was even more so of Princey. It wasn't the first time Virgil's noticed something off about him. There were many times Roman's said something in an odd way or he's gone quiet. That's not even mentioning the times where he's randomly jumpy or more whiney than normal. Virgil rolled his eyes as he flipped the sandwich over wanting both sides to be even as the cheese melted inside it. 

Virgil's eyes narrowed in thought as he grabbed a plate from the cabinet, only to pause. Roman never brought dishes into his room. It was always some sort of container. Obviously Logan didn't know that considering he had to make a comment to Patton about that. Virgil carefully put the plate back before going to a different one to grab a tub with a small smile. He quickly pulled out a pan of fries from the oven packing them into the container before sprinkling some salt and seasoning over it all. 

"Roman, you better not fucking complain." Virgil laughed softly as he took the sandwich out and cut it into small squares before putting them in the tub too. He only realized after that he was basically making a child lunch box and he frowned. Maybe he had been reading too many regression books. He wasn't even thinking about it but he was definitely plating it all as if he was making it for a kid. "Well, damn. Ah, to hell with it." Virgil pulled some chocolate chip cookies out of Patton jar with a laugh as he put it in the tub and rolled his eyes. "He's so gonna flip."

"Roman?" Virgil knocked softly on the door as he held the container carefully in his hand. "Ro are you up?"

"Vi?" Virgil's eyes narrowed in confusion as he heard rustling about. "Wha... Wha' are ya doin' 'ere?"

"I got your sandwich."

"Cheese?" Virgil frowned as he placed an ear to the door hearing a loud thump.

"Roman, are you ok?"

"Yea." Virgil could hear Roman chatting quietly from the other side of the door only serving to make him annoyed. 

"Are you going to get the food or am I going to have to just come in and give it to you?"

"NO!" Virgil reeled back at the sudden sound of Roman yelling through the door. "No, come in. No' 'llowed."

"I'm... What? Did you just say I wasn't allowed to come in? What the hell is going on with you?" 

"No' 'llowed in. Leave sammich at t'e doo'." Virgil growled as he shook his head to himself and scoffed. 

"Yeah, how about no. I'm coming in."

"No." Roman was actually panicking. Without much thought, he rushed over and crawled under his bed clutching his scrump as tightly as he could the moment he heard the door creak open. Tears pricked at his eyes as he watched those familiar black boot slowly make his way inside. 

"Roman? Holy..." Virgil froze up right on the spot as he took everything in. "When the hell did you change your room?" Virgil frowned as he placed the tub on the small table noticing the box filled with kids' dishes. He skimmed through it seeing all the Disney plates and a few cartoon bowls and cups. There were even child silverware. "Roman? Dude, I know you're in here. I was literally just talking to yo... Why is your room a literal kid's wonderland?" Virgil chuckled as he walked over to bed not even daring to count all the suffies. He was certain Roman would have had 101. He always has to make a reference somehow. "Were you babysitting or something?"

"I swear if you sunk down just to avoid me I'm going to flip." Virgil yelled as he quickly rushed out of the room, annoyed and just done with the prince who wasn't answering him. Roman whined as the door slammed shut making him jump. 

"Vi scary." Roman carefully pulled himself out from under the bed before running over to lock the door. "Never gon'a forget again." He pointed over at scrump with a serious glare as if angry or disappointed. "Why you no remind me? Silly... silly, scrump." 

"Vi brought sammich." All anger seemed to dissipate the moment he saw the container on the table. "An' he no put it on big plate! Tanks Vi!" Roman grabbed an Eeyore plate with a small laugh as he carefully put all the food on it. His eyes literally bugged when he saw the cookies. "I be spoiled!"

"I never get cookies. Oooh." Roman giggled as he sat down on his small red chair and silently squealed. "Scrump look." Roman placed his doll on the blue chair beside him before setting a sandwich square in front of it. "Sammich!" Roman picked his square up before frowning slightly. "Is diferen' ten how Pat ma's tem. Is gooey." Roman's eyes shined as he broke it apart and watched the cheese stretch. "I like it. Do you like it, Scrump? Imma ha' ta ask Vi, who made it." Roman took a bite and squealed again as he kicked his legs slightly in joy. "Is so good. Yummy sammich." 

"Eat up, Scrump." Roman smiled as he ate his food happily. "Don' waste good food. Plus after we ate... " Roman smiled mischievously as he held up the two cookies. "... we get to eat t'ese."