Chapter 1

December 22

Today started off like any other day. When I opened my eyes, I felt more exhausted than what I was before I went to sleep. I sighed and dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready for school. After doing my daily routine to get ready, I realized I had extra time before I had to head over to my best friends' house so I took my time packing myself something to eat for lunch. I checked the time on my phone and took notice that I had about an hour until school started. Deciding that now was the best time to leave, I grabbed my stuff before opening the door and heading to my two best friends, De'nya and Mykelle's, house. De'nya and Mykelle are twins with really bad attitudes, but that's what makes them so different and lovable. Upon my arrival at their house, the door swung open.

"Wassup bitch," Mykelle joked while I winced at the bad word she chose to use. Less than two seconds later, her twin appeared behind her and smacked the back of her head.

"Don't use that language around Veronica. How many times have we been over this?" The older twin-spoke with a facial expression that showed how annoyed she was.

"My bad," Mykelle said rubbing the spot where the stinging sensation came from. While Mykelle stepped aside to let me in, De'nya grabbed my hand and led me into the kitchen where I sat in my seat, a white high chair with the word Princess on it, at their table. De'nya snapped the tray in place before returning to the breakfast she was making while Mykelle sat at the table next to me.

"I got you something, Vee," Mykelle said placing a polka-dotted bag in front of me. As soon as I noticed her Cheshire Cat grin, I knew something was up with this gift. She proceeded to move around the tissue paper in which the sound that came with it brought a slight discomfort to my ears. Finally retrieving the item from the bag, she held it out for me. It was the cutest wolf plushy ever. It had gray fur that was as soft as a cloud with eyes as blue as the ocean.

"Tank wou so much!" I squealed making grabby hands towards the wolf. Mykelle chuckled and gave my forehead a small kiss before handing me the plushy and taking out her phone to call someone. I began to play with my very own wolf until I heard a very loud voice yell my name.

"Veronica!" De'nya said in a stern tone which grabbed my attention. I directed my gaze to her a bit embarrassed that I was so lost in my own little world. Her facial expression softened and she smiled as she gracefully walked over to the table with three plates and one bowl.

"Nya?"

"Yes, Vee?"

"Is someone else joining us?" I grew nervous at the thought of meeting new people.

"Well-"

"Yes, actually, they should be here in a few," Mykelle answered for her twin, her grin returning to her face.

"I still don't think it's a good idea to have him over. Don't you remember the last time?" There was a moment of silence before the conversation continued.

"That was a long time ago and-" Mykelle and De'nya started going back and forth. I tuned them out so I didn't catch what they said, but I sat there quietly thinking about the adventures me and Mr. Wolf are going to have until it dawned on me; someone I don't know is coming to eat breakfast with us. My breathing became short and rapid as I immediately began to freak out.

"Let me out pwease," I beg as I try to climb out of the chair.

"Why you're perfectly safe here?" Mykelle said being unsympathetic to me as the argument that she was having with her sister stopped.

"P-please. I don't want anyone to see me like this," I cry becoming frustrated as they stared at me while I begged to be released from the chair. De'nya walks over and begins to help me out of the chair when the doorbell rings. In a matter of seconds, Mykelle was out of her seat and opening the door as De'nya pushed the high chair into the pantry and closed the door while I sat in a regular seat.