Chapter 5

December 25

I woke up to the sun shining through my curtains. I tried to stretch when I realized an arm was wrapped tightly around me. Following where the arm was connected to I came face to face with a sleeping Denver. I watched as the sun shined on his face so perfectly. "Good morning princess," he said as he leaned forward, placing a kiss on my lips. I blushed and kissed back, nibbling on his bottom lip. "Princess, don't start something you can't finish," he kissed my nose. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean but imagining it gives a bit of excitement.

"Yes, da-Denver." I blushed as I corrected myself from my slip up of almost calling him daddy. Without another word, he climbed on top of me. His hands rested on mine. As he looked down at me, his eyes began glowing.

"Ember." He called me. I don't know who Ember is or why he called me that, but once that name left his mouth, I felt like a totally different person. "Baby, you're eyes are glowing bright red." Moving slightly underneath me, his part rubbed against mine, growing hard in the process. I remained silent as I felt his part rub against mine, sending a tingly sensation down there. "Ember, baby? Do you want me to be your daddy?" At that moment, I couldn't speak. Feeling like someone else had control of me, I nodded my head. "Good girl Ember." He smiled as his hands traveled under my shirt, rubbing the skin on my sides. Not too long after, there were a few hard knocks on the door followed by the door being swung open.

"Percy!" I cheered feeling little again. His expression was one of feeling awkward as he saw the position we were in.

"Uhm...Merry Christmas little one. Make sure to hurry and get downstairs or all the elves might take your gifts back to Santa." Oh no! I don't want my gift to be taken back. I've been too good all year to have my presents taken away. Almost immediately, I slip out from underneath Daddy and ran all the way down the stairs.

"No running," Denver called out to me, but it was too late. I was already in the living room sitting under the tree.

"How did she get down here so fast?"

"I told you my little girl isn't normal."

"So she's your little now?"

"Yup. I asked her if I could be her daddy and she said yes. She's such an innocent little girl."

"I'm glad you know that cousin because, if you ever hurt her I'll make sure you don't live to see the next day." Not too long after everyone had filed into the living room. One by one we exchanged gifts until one gift remained under the tree. Nya got up off the floor from where she was and sat in Percy's lap as Myke grabbed the last gift from under the tree.

"Drumroll please." She joked as everyone started making drum sounds. "And the last gift goes to..." Goes to who? The anticipation was killing me, I absolutely loved Christmas it was my favorite time of year. Everyone being together made me feel at peace. "Veronica Grey!" She said in a game show host voice, which caused everyone to start laughing. Handing the gift to me I read the little note attached to the wrapping paper. 'To my beloved princess, from daddy.' My face lit up as I saw it was from Denver. I pounced on top of him showering him with kisses all over his face.

"Tank wou Daddy Wou no habe to get me a gift," I said hugging him tightly.

"Anything for my little girl," he said kissing my forehead. Putting me back on the floor, I crawled back over to my gift where I received a set of awes for doing so. Ripping open the wrapping paper, I opened the box to reveal a really cute outfit. It was a light pink frilly crop top with white ripped jeans, light pink converse, and a white book bag. Opening the bag I found a new marble phone case.

 Opening the bag I found a new marble phone case

I absolutely loved it. I got up kissing Denver's cheek as I sat on his lap and hugged him tightly. "Alright, that's enough baby girl," Nya said as she went to take me from Denver. Growling, Denver was becoming overprotective over me, resulting in Nya growling back.

"Hey, let's all just calm down," Percy pleaded with Myke adding on.

"It's Christmas guys, let's keep this day good."

"It'll be good as long as he keeps his hands off of her. Actually, it would be better if he stayed away from her," Nya said with a strong passion of dislike laced in her words.

"What's your problem with me? Huh? We used to be cool, but ever since I told you Veronica was my mate, you've been dissing me. Don't you want to see your best friend happy?" He argued, locking eyes as he stood toe to toe with her.

"See that's the thing, I do want to see her happy and I know she'd be happier with anyone else but you. You're such a fuck boy," I cringed at her bad word. "You mess around with any girl that throws themselves at you. You use them to your benefit then toss them away, and I will not have my best friend die for you again." She pushed him, resulting in Percy holding Denver back so that he didn't attack her. I began to cry, not because I was sad, but because I cared about them both so much and it hurt that my mommy and daddy were arguing. While they continued to argue, I took my gifts upstairs and packed the rest of my stuff up. I could tell no one noticed I was gone because they were still arguing while Percy and Mykelle tried to calm them down. I called my private driver, Malcolm, and asked him politely to pick me up. Trudging down the stairs, I looked into the living room to see they were still at each other's throats. Heading outside a black car pulled up and I got in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter had a lot of dialogue so sorry about that. Do you guys think De'nya is being selfish for wanting to keep Denver away from Veronica? What do you think about Denver asking Veronica to be her daddy? Also, how is everyone doing? As always remember to comment I'd love to hear from my readers, and stay awesome my lil beans.
                        Much love,
                                      ✨🛎