Chapter 3

My eyes slowly opened as I woke up to loud voices seemingly coming from the next room. Unsure of what I should do, I sat quietly and listened to the conversation going on through the wall.

"How could you get into a fight on your first day? You know your dad will be pissed if you get kicked out," Nya's voice said.

"I was only protecting her from that asshole-"

"How did you know where she would be?" Mykelle questioned who I'm guessing is Denver.

"Her scent. It's all I can smell. It's driving me fucking crazy," he expressed aggressively while he probably raked his hand through his hair.

"Just how are you so sure she's your mate, Dee? I mean come on it could've been a static shock from your clothes or something," Nya pressed in what sounded like a plea for that to be the case.

"It wasn't like that. I swear she's mine," he stressed. "We're meant to be together."

"She can't be because she isn't like us." As those words left Mykelle's mouth, he growled causing me to jump and create noise. The room they were talking in suddenly grew quiet.

"She's up and she's been listening," Denver said as I heard his footsteps grow closer to my room.

"Denver calm down it's-"

"Shut the fuck up, don't tell me to calm down," he yelled at Mykelle resulting in her immediate silence. The feeling of nervousness began growing inside of me as I waited for the door to open. The glowing green eyes that appeared after was almost animal-like. Part of me screamed run while the other begged to stay. After lifting me up out of the crib, Denver walked over to the couch that was located on the other side of the room and sat down with me straddling his lap. His green eyes seemed to be glowing even brighter than ever as he stared into mine. Chills began to run down my body as his hand slowly slid down my spine, resting in the small of my back.

"D-Denver I-" I tried to speak before being pulled into a hug. The tightness of the hug taking me by surprise. Soon there was banging on the door assuming it was from the twins.

"Denver, open up," Nya yelled banging hard on the door after noticing it was locked. After that, there was another voice on the other side of the door.

"Come on, you can't do this," Myke screeched. Their reactions to the situation scared me and led me to believe that I was no longer safe. I tried to get out of his grip, but in my attempt to get away from him, he held onto me tighter.

"W-why m-me?" I sniffled on the brink of tears. I was scared beyond belief, not knowing what this stranger would do to me. He gently rubbed my back in circles calming my nerves ever so slightly.

"Princess, I want you to understand something okay? We're meant to be together, and let me just tell you right now that this is real." He looked into my eyes as he held one of my hands while his other was still wrapped around my waist. "You may not believe me now, but soon you will and when that time comes you'll be all mine. Daddy's little girl." I should've been scared by his words. I mean partially I was scared, but another part of me trusted him. Grabbing my face ever so gently, he placed a kiss on my lips. The light feeling of his lips against mine felt heavenly. Pulling away, he went back in for another kiss only this time it was filled with hunger. Every kiss he placed on my lips resulted in something poking me through my tights. Uncontrollably, I moaned into the kiss making his hunger for me grow even more, as he trailed down my neck leaving wet kisses behind. The door finally swung open revealing Percy followed by the twins.

"Denver, let her go," Percy growled at his cousin who paid him no mind as he continued to place kisses along my collarbone, causing a tingling sensation throughout my body. "Winter!" Percy warned as he growled even louder. Drawing Denver's attention, Percy stepped closer to us receiving a defensive growl from his cousin who had his arms wrapped tightly around my torso. "Winter, look you're scaring her." He wasn't wrong. Denver stared into my eyes as if he were looking straight through me. "She's your mate right?" Denver made no gesture, but the glow from his eyes were fading as he continued to stare at me. "Let her go, Winter. It's okay. Everything will be okay, just let her go." Doing as his cousin asked, he released his grip on my waist and I climbed off of his lap. Looking back at him, he looked like a sad puppy which deeply hurt my heart, but there was nothing I could do. I joined Nya and Myke's side and hid behind them while Percy stood in between us in the doorway and Denver.

"Let's go little one," Myke sighed picking me up and taking me downstairs while Nya and her boyfriend stayed in the room with Denver.

The walk to my house was done in utter silence. My guess is that she was still processing what happened and honestly, so was I. Myke instructed me to pack a bag with a week's worth of clothes, toiletries, and anything else that I found necessary once we entered my house. "Where we going?" I asked in my little voice without realizing it.

"Don't question me little one," she laughed, which lightened up the mood. "Do you have everything you need?" Double-checking my bag I had everything except for one thing.

"N-no, I no have everyting." I started to tear up.

"Well, what's missing?" She said trying to prevent the tears from spilling.

"Wolf." She looked confused for a moment until she remembered the wolf stuffie she had gotten me.

"Okay. Grab your bag and we'll go back and get it but whatever you do, do not go back in the house okay?" I nodded in response and we walked back to her house. She unlocked the car and put my bag in the trunk while I sat in the back seat, waiting patiently for Myke to return with Mr. Wolf. Opening the car door, Myke double-checked to make sure that I was buckled up in my car seat properly before handing me, Mr. Wolf. I'm not sure where we're heading exactly, but since it's winter break I know that anything we'll be doing will be fun. I know my best friends will make this break the best one ever. Soon Nya comes out of the house and rushes over to the car.

"Where are you taking her?" I hear Denver shout as Nya opens the passenger side door.

"To my our damn business," she rolled her eyes as she shut the door.

"You're not going anywhere with her," he shouts as Percy is trying to push him back in the house. I shift in my seat a bit knowing that he's talking about me.

"Drive," Nya says in a panicked voice and Mykelle reverses out of the driveway and down the street. I have a feeling that won't be the end of that.