29| We're doing this

"You're kidding me?!" Anger floods my veins

"You're kidding me?!" Anger floods my veins. There's no hiding the scowl on my face. I clamp down on my jaw and chew my cheek. I see David wince from the corner of my eye. Turning my head I'm met with our joined hands, a small reminder that I need to I lighten my grip just a little. "I'm sorry." I mouth to him. It's not my fault he's caught in the cross fire. He's the one that chose to hold my hand.

"I'm afraid not." My doctor answers. "You're still only 1 centimeter dilated."

"But I'm 41 weeks! This baby has overcome her stay!" I argue, almost pleading. My doctor is also innocent in this, but my hormones don't discriminate. If my anger is upsetting her, she's not showing it. Her body remains calm and her face is understanding.

"I agree. Let's see if we can get you induced sometime this week." She opens up her laptop and pulls up her schedule. "I have room for Thursday." She raises her eyebrows.

"Three days from now?" I groan.

She nods. "In the mean time, you can continue to do things that may naturally induce labor."

David laughs. "Don't worry doc, we got the intercourse thing down."

I hit him on the shoulder and glare. A familiar heat rushes to my face. Except this time I can't blame it on hormonal hot flashes.

Our doctor isn't dumb, obviously she knows we have sex. I mean case in point; this stubborn little girl who's growing inside me, but he doesn't need to go around announcing it.

She tries to hide a giggle. "I'm all finished here. You can get everything back on and I'll see you in a few days. Unless she decides she's ready to come before then."

I wait to scold him until she leaves. "David Morris, you are insufferable!"

He laughs again. "I can't help it! I'm a happy guy. I mean who wouldn't be after having sex basically every day."

Ignoring him, I hop off the exam table and stomp to my clothes. After trying and failing to get my pants on because of the big basketball I call a baby blocking my way, David wordlessly intervenes. I carefully watch, as he helps me put one leg in at a time before pulling them up past my bump.

He kneels in front of me and kisses my belly. "Hi, sweetie, it's your daddy. I know you're comfy, but your mommy is gonna keep yelling if you don't come out soon. It doesn't bother me though. I love her so much. And between you and me, you're mom's cute when she's angry."

Feeling my anger melt away, I remind myself he can't get off that easy. "I'm still mad at you."

He stands up and hugs me. "Don't be. It shouldn't matter if we're having tons of awesome sex. We're making up for lost time."