17| We're proud of you, regardless

"David, David, DAVID!"

I wake up to the bed bouncing up and down and my name being yelled loudly.

I open one eye and see a very excited JJ jumping on the bed... Sarah's bed.

Shit.

It's been a month or so since we decided to give this thing a shot. It's gone quite smoothly, I think. We've gone on a few dates, spent almost every day together, do things with all three of us and talk constantly.

Everyone has been super supportive of our relationship... or whatever we're doing. We've never really defined anything. We've talked about and accepted our feelings and agreed to embrace it. Other than that, we haven't really had to talk about it, it's implied. We didn't have to go in greater detail because it just felt right. We did make one rule, though: no sleepovers.

Caught red handed.

If we're being honest though, last night wouldn't be the first time we broke that rule. But it's the first time we've been caught.

We must have fallen asleep after our busy day yesterday. Sarah decided it was time for JJ to get a 'big kid' bed. So we spent the day putting together a toddler bed and going shopping for his favorite bedding; after changing his mind many times, he finally chose paw patrol.

But now that he is no longer held in by a railing, JJ can escape his bed and his room, leading him here.

But JJ doesn't seem to care.

"DAVID! GET UP!" JJ yells.

"Okay, okay." I whisper. I look at Sarah who's eyes are closed, but a small smile is playing on her lips at the wake up call.

"Why don't we let your mommy sleep and we can make some pancakes." I offer.

"Yes, yes, yes! Pancakes!" He basically screams.

Damn, he has a lot of energy in the morning.

"Shhh" I say through a chuckle. I give Sarah a kiss on the forehead before getting out of bed.

"Thank you." She murmurs, eyes still closed.

"Anything for you, darling." I flatter before giving her a soft kiss on her lips. JJ takes my hand and leads me out of the room.

I don't notice the time until we make it into the kitchen.

It's 6 am... on a Sunday... and I'm awake.

Sarah is a saint. She has had to do this by herself for 3 years.

After making pancakes for JJ and myself some coffee, I join him at the table.

"You sleep at my house?" JJ asks innocently in his cute little high pitched voice.

I choke on my sip of coffee. "Oh," I say surprised. "I was sleepy and fell asleep."