24| Try harder

It's been 6 weeks since David and I have called it quits

It's been 6 weeks since David and I have called it quits. Well, I call it a pause, but who knows what he's thinking.

After running into him a month ago, he's been a little bit more willing to spend time with us. He's been coming to the weekly dinners and comes to hangout with JJ at least once a week. But he leaves as soon as the the play dates done. He is trying everything in his power not to be alone with me.

I understand though. I mean I do a little. He needs to focus on his recovery. But I wish he would let me be there for him. I have this desire to help in any way possible. I want to make things easier for him.

Which makes what I'm waiting for right now, that much harder to think about.

I pace back in forth in the bathroom as I wait for the timer to go off.

So many thoughts are running through my head— I mean I didn't plan for this. Did I think of it as a possibility? Well, yeah. But did I really think this was going to happen from the two times we had sex? I mean I've always wanted more kids, and how David acts with JJ it shows how great a father he would be. But it would be such horrible timing. What if this sets him back? It would be all my fault.

I am on an emotional roller coaster right now. I have hope that it will be in my favor. There's this fear that creeps up on me that David and I aren't meant to be, therefore this isn't meant to be. And that scares the shit out of me.

The timer goes off and I turn the pregnancy test over.

Tears well up in my eyes but I wipe them away before they fall. I need to go to bed. Tomorrow's a big day.

:::

"JJ" I yell for the third time. "Honey, I need you to find your shoes; we have to go!"

"I want David." He whines.

"Lucky for you, he's coming. But that can't happen if you don't hurry up!" I say frustrated.

I let out a grunt the exact moment David opens the door. "Are you guys ready?" He asks.

"No!" I snap back at him.

"Woah," he approaches me and puts his hands on my shoulders and I automatically relax. This is the first time he's touched me in 6 weeks. "What's wrong?"

"We still have so much to do." I say after taking some deep breaths. "JJ is being a pain." I wail my arms in the direction of my stubborn child, "and we still need to pick up flowers before we go. I don't know why I thought we could get this done before going to Sunday supper."

"I'll help get JJ ready." He offers. "Then we can be on our way."

David was able to get JJ ready in record time and we got everything done I was stressing about. "JJ, it's important you stay by us. It's a big place and we don't want you to travel far."  I turn around to look at him as David drives. With the amount of time he's been spending with JJ he got his own car seat for the his vehicle.