16| You're a goddess

It's 10:30 at night when I officially make it home

It's 10:30 at night when I officially make it home. My heart melts, for the second time tonight, at what I see.

David and JJ asleep on the couch.

JJ is laying on David's chest. His mouth wide open, most likely drooling on David's shirt. David's strong arms are wrapped around JJ.

Chill out, Sarah.

It's just a really attractive man cuddling with your adorable son. Nothing to melt about.

Lies.

I quietly approach them and start rubbing JJ's back. "Hey, buddy." I whisper.

His eyes flutter open and a tired smile plays on his lips.

"Let's get you to bed" I say as I grab him gingerly and carry him into his bedroom.

"Did auntie have her baby?" He asks groggily.

"She did!" My voice is quiet, but my tone is excited. "You have a new cousin! Her name is Lily and she is beautiful."

"I wanna see." He asks.

I pull out my phone and show a picture. "You can meet her tomorrow." I kiss him on the nose. "Now to go sleep."

I shut the door quietly and make my way back into the living room.

David is still asleep on the couch, but he must have readjusted after I grabbed JJ because he's now curled up on the sofa. There is plenty of room for me to squeeze in with him.

Would that be too much?

Before I can overthink, I join him on the couch. My body molding to his perfectly; my back meets his hard chest, his strong arms envelop me as he pulls me closer, his head fits in the crook of my neck, and I hear a him hum in acknowledgment.

"You're back." He says into my neck, his voice low and sleepy. It's sexy. "How did it go?" He asks before kissing my shoulder and then my neck.

Goosebumps form all over my body and I try my best to fight a shiver from his contact.

"I'm an aunt." I answer excited yet tired. "Thank you so much for watching JJ for me today."

"It was nothing." He answers nonchalantly.

I turn around in his arms and face him. My eyes find his, our bodies are still connected, our noses touching and our lips only centimeters away from each other.

"It wasn't nothing." I say as I stare into his eyes.
You didn't have to help me out today, you did because that's the kind of person you are. That's the kind of person you've always been, I just never saw it." My eyes fall from his eyes to his lips. "You've amazed me and proven to me so many times how much you want to be there for JJ and me."

He must see where my eyes are directed because he licks his lower lip, before replying. "I care about you two. I would do anything JJ. I would do anything for his mom."