8| How does that feel

I can't believe I was late

I can't believe I was late. On the first day of classes. James is clearly annoyed, but he needs to chill.

The professor didn't hesitate calling me out, but I had him last year so he knows I'm a good student.

I shift in my seat. I cannot concentrate. The alcohol from last night still has me a little altered.

"Dude, I think I'm still drunk." I whisper to James.

"It's a Monday and the first day of classes, I can't believe you went out last night." James says shaking his head disapprovingly. "And being late to class on the first day?" He scolds. "Come on, David" he says annoyed.

"It was the first party of the school year, I had to go." I inform him.

"Whatever." He says clearly trying to get me to stop talking so he can pay attention, but I'm just not feeling it.

"I have to tell you about last night..." before I continue, I see the girl in front of us turn around and look at us.

I haven't seen her before. I would have remembered. She is gorgeous. She hasn't looked away yet.

"Like what you see, cutie?" I ask.

Her nose scrunches up. That was adorable. I wink at her. Then she blushes before turning around.

"Damn, James, she's hot."

"Shh... I think she can hear us, David." James says.

"What? It's a complement!" I say, "she should feel honored."

James just ignores me.

"James, I think the alcohol from last night is finally wearing off. I'm starting to get such a headache."

Still no answer.

"Let's go out tonight."

"Don't you think we should study?" James asks.

"After studying obviously." I respond. "I study hard so I can play hard."

The cute girl turns around, "I'm sorry, but I am really trying to concentrate, can you please be quiet?"

"It's the first class, I think you'll survive." I roll my eyes. She scrunches her nose again, something she must do a lot.

When class gets over, the girl in front, rushes out of the lecture hall. Of course, James has to run after her.

I follow him but take my time, that way I can let him do his thing.

I wait near them, but not close enough that I am in their conversation. But I can hear him apologizing for me.

"He can be a bit much sometimes, but he is a great friend to have in your corner." James defends.

"I'll take your word for it." She responds.