5| I was under the legal limit

It's been a few days since I've met JJ

It's been a few days since I've met JJ. He is a spunky little kid and I absolutely love it. I had so much fun in the backyard playing with him. He kept asking me to chase him. I would run after him, grab him, put him upside down and tickle him. It was fun the first 3 times I did it, but then it got a little tiring. I kept doing it though, because it was what the little guy wanted. I would do whatever that kid asks.

I haven't seen him since, but Sarah unblocked my number so that I could call him.

"DAVID!" JJ yells when I answer the FaceTime call.

"Hey, buddy!" I say with a smile.

"Mommy said you my friend." He says proudly, "just like daddy."

"You're daddy was a great friend, so I know you will be too!"

"What you doing?" He asks me. This kid is just too cute.

Before I answer he changed the subject, "ooo look at this!" He says grabbing the phone and running around the house, not showing me anything in particular.

"That's cool buddy, but I don't know what you're trying to show me." I say laughing.

"Can you come to my house?" He asks me.

"We would have to ask your mom about that." I say.

"We'll talk about that later." I hear Sarah say in the background. "Sorry to cut it short, but it's bedtime."

"Night, David!" JJ says before hanging up.

The silence is deafening. I am by myself yet again.

I pour myself a drink to go with supper. My phone dings telling me I have a text message.

Sarah: I'll check in this weekend about possibly setting up a play date, just give me time to think about it.

I really hope I can see them this weekend.

:::

We made it to the beach. My uncle luckily is letting us use his speed boat for the weekend. He has a lake house close by so he's going to go out on the lake with us since neither one of us have drove a speedboat before. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to drive it, but if someone else knows how, I'm going to let them do it.

James and I pull up to my uncle's house, where we are also staying, and start unloading the car.

Our plan is to eat lunch and then go out on the boat.

We enter in the house and my uncle is laying on the couch.

"Hey, boys." He says not sounding too good, "I'm not feeling the best so I won't be able to go out with you guys today. But, I can talk you two through how to
drive it, you don't need a boating license here."