30| What was left behind

"Ooo that's a big yawn

"Ooo that's a big yawn. Are you tired, pretty girl?" As I hold Sophia in my arms, I can't believe she's already six weeks old. I have no idea where the time has gone.

At this point, I think if you looked up amazing in the dictionary, you'd find a picture of Sarah. She wakes up multiple times a night to change, feed, and rock Sophia back to sleep. I try and help as much as possible, but there's just some things I can't do.

Whenever the opportunity allows it, I make sure Sarah gets her rest. So this morning, after she finished nursing, I told her I'd take care of the kids and to lay down

Sophia's wide awake right now. She's not really focusing on anything, but her big beady eyes take in the surroundings. JJ is quietly singing to himself as he colors on his activity table.

One of the best things about this house, is all of our bedrooms are upstairs. So I know we won't wake her with any noise we make here in the living room on the main floor.

It's finally the perfect time to talk to JJ. Why am I freaking out so much? He's just a kid. I don't know. I've already talked to Jim, Suzanne, and Sarah's mom. They all support it. But it's also easier to discuss it with them because they get it.

"Hey, JJ. Do you know what marriage is?"

JJ looks at me confused. Great start, David.

"Like Grandpa Jim is married to Grandma Suzanne." I explain

"Oh yeah," he continues to color. "Mommy was going to marry daddy before he went to heaven."

I give a soft smile. "That's right. Because your mommy and daddy loved each other very much."

He giggles. "Mommy says she made daddy work really hard."

I chuckle a little to myself. James was head over heels for Sarah and I never understood it, until now.

"When are you and mommy getting married?" JJ's innocent blue eyes stare back at me. He has no idea I just lost my breath at the question. I stare back at the sparkle in his eyes, that remind me of my best friend's.

"That's the thing, buddy. I wanted to ask you if I could ask your mommy to marry me." I'm so nervous, it takes everything in me not to shake my legs. Sophia doesn't need me bouncing her up and down right now.

"Duhhh," he answers back, eyebrows raised with a smile on his face.

I chuckle. "Will you help me?"

He nods his excitedly.

"Okay, but it's a secret. So you can't tell mommy."

He puts his finger over his mouth and gives me a thumbs up with the other hand.

:::

Sam took Sarah and their mom for a spa day today, and Jim and Suzanne are watching JJ and Sophia for the day. All morning I've been busy running errands  trying to get everything done for this afternoon. I have no one to blame but myself, but I'm running behind.