☀️Oneshot Four- Nikolay x Flynn☀️

Fluff

"... And remember, we're only dormmates, I'm not out to my dad yet." Nikolay looked down, thinking if he'd forgotten anything.
Flynn cupped his face, gently tilting his head to make Nikolay look up at him. "Hey, it's gonna go fine. Don't worry, I got this."
Nikolay smiled a little. "I know you do." He gave him a quick peck on the cheek before ringing the doorbell to his grandparents' house.
"кто здесь?" A female voice from inside asked, followed by a younger sounding male's, "Who's there?"
"Nikolay." The dark haired boy answered, nervously fidgeting with his gloves.
The door almost immediately opened and a small lady stepped out, wrapping her arms around Nikolay.
"привет бабуля." Nikolay chuckled and hugged her back. He turned to Flynn. "This is my Babulya Sveta."
Flynn nodded and waved to her, smiling.
"Come in, come in, me and Petya made dinner," she stepped aside to let the two boys in.
"Can't wait." Nikolay smiled and held the door for Flynn. They walked in, Flynn restraining from wrapping his arm around Nikolay.
The setting sun was barely visible through the curtains that were covering the balcony door, due to the falling snow outside. As soon as you walked in there was a closet to the left and a hallway to the kitchen on the right. The living room was small with a few photos of Nikolay back in Russia with his parents and other family on the walls, above the couch. The black metal coffee table in front of the couch had a few candles sitting on it. Nikolay and Flynn followed his grandmother into the kitchen, which was also rather cramped and cluttered. There were some stairs in the back left leading upstairs to his grandparent's bedroom. The wooden brown dining table was in the middle of the floor, having a few folding chairs set up against it. Nikolay's grandfather was at the oven, taking out a tray of pirozhki and moving them to a plate, setting the plate on the table.
"Watch out." Nikolay's dad said from behind Flynn, carrying a fold up chair.
"Sorry." Flynn said with an apologetic smile and scooted to the right.
Nikolay's dad set the chair at the table and went over, taking the pot of solyanka off the stove. He set it on the table.
"Flynn, this is my Papka Yasha," Nikolay gestured to his dad, who awkwardly waved at Flynn.
"And my Dedulya Petya." Nikolay waved to his grandfather.
He gestured to Flynn. "This is my b- dormmate."
Nikolay mentally facepalmed. If anyone was going to fuck this up, it would be him.
"I'm Flynn." He shook the older adults' hands, smiling widely.
Nikolay gestured for Flynn to follow him and they sat next to each other at the table. He explained what was in all of the foods to Flynn, who listened and decided to just try everything.
The chatter was casual. Where did the two 'friends' meet, what Flynn does in his free time, some exchanging of stories. It was a very lively conversation, probably the most lively since Nikolay's parents got divorced.
"Have either of you got girlfriends?" His father playfully teased.
Nikolay's eyes widened and he moved his gaze over to Flynn. Flynn looked back at him with a look like, 'go ahead'.
Nikolay took a little breath and kept his gaze down. "Uh... um..." He reached for Flynn's hand under the table, shaking a bit.
"Are you okay, Kolya?" His grandmother asked, tilting her head.
He nodded a little.
"семья- I'm gay." He blurted and brought his and Flynn's hands up from under the table. "...This is my boyfriend..."
The table falls silent and the adults just shared glances before looking back to Nikolay. An expression of worry crossed his face, he couldn't tell what their reactions would be.
"Oh, Nikolay, солнце, we support you. We love you and always will, nothing could change that." His dad smiled, reaching over to pat him on the shoulder.
His grandparents nodded in agreement and smiled as well.
"And your boyfriend is just wonderful." His grandmother added.
Nikolay let out a sigh of relief and smiled at Flynn who wrapped an arm around him.
"Told you it'd turn out just fine." Flynn murmured and ate another spoonful of solyanka.
Nikolay rolled his eyes a little. The conversation around the table continued before the night came to an end and the two boys took the train back to Hogwarts.