☀️ Oneshot Nine- Jeremy x Levi ☀️

Trigger Warning: House fire, Child Neglect and Abuse
Angst

It was Saturday evening and Levi was currently locked in his room. Admittedly, it was mostly his fault. He had let Huey- one of his cats that his parents didn't even know about- out, but wasn't aware that his dad would be returning shortly after. Huey had scratched up the brunet's father pretty good. Levi was glad he hadn't gotten a worse punishment, however he was unpleasantly surprised when his dad had practically announced that he'd thrown Huey to the pound. He then dragged Levi up to his room and threw him in there, leaving the room locked and only able to be opened from the outside.

So he was crying in his room. Silently, but clinging to his blanket as tears streamed down his face. He loved his cats more than almost anything, Jeremy being the one exception. Georgie, his other cat, was laying with him under the blanket, as the brown eyed boy had trained him to do.

Levi heard a loud slam of door followed by an even louder crash. It sounded like it came from the library. He got up and ran to the door to see what had happened when he remembered the door was locked and only his father had the key. However he noticed another strange thing when he touched the handle; it was hot. Then he saw smoke. His house was catching on fire.

"Help! Open the door! Dad! Mom? Please?!" He called and cried for help as he continued trying to shake the handle. No luck. Eventually it got too hot for him to touch, and he was coughing too much to call for help. He looked to the window in his room. He was only on the second story. Would it really hurt that much if he jumped?

Gaia, Levi's mother, was in the dining room when James, her husband and Levi's father, had slammed the front door so hard that the chandelier in the library fell, the shelves with it. Multiple books caught fire, leading to the shelves burning and then floor. It all happened so quickly. She ran outside with wide eyed James, and Levi's older brother, Ledell, trailing behind them.

"One, two, three..." Four. They were missing one.
"Levi!" Gaia sobbed, looking up to the window where Levi's bedroom was. The neighborhood had called the fire department and were gathered around as Gaia begged someone to get her other son from the burning house.

"Please! He's only 17, he's an asthmatic! He won't last long enough for the department to get here!" She pleaded, looking between the neighbors. Most of them were too old to even be able to do anything. The rest were too afraid, among other excuses. Gaia continued sobbing, eventually being pulled into a hug by Ledell and crying into his shoulder.

Then, there was a silence among the crowd as the window exploded, with it came Levi wrapped in a blanket and unknowingly with a cat. He had the blanket wrapped tightly around himself and Georgie, hoping that it helped to soften his fall. He landed on loads of glass from when the window exploded. He yelped in pain as he hit the ground and the larger shards dug into his back. He bit back tears as he shakily tried to get up, looking at his absolutely destroyed home. What was his family going to do now? Move back to Germany or Greece? He wasn't sure and he was scared.

The silence melted into quiet murmurs. Levi moved away from the house and closer towards the street.
"You!" He heard his father practically yell while angrily approaching him. Levi got out of his thoughts and shielded himself from his dad. His mother tried to stop her husband, trying to push him away from Levi.

"James, James he's just a kid! Leave him alone!" She defended, tears streaming down her face. James pushed her to the side, Ledell rushing to help her up.

James pointed a finger at Levi. "This is your fault."

"I-I didn't even-"

"Hey! I don't want to hear it. Get out. Don't come back. Ever." His father spoke sharply.

Levi couldn't believe what he was hearing, his eyes going wide. His mother couldn't either, sobbing more.

"Now!"

Levi scrambled to get up, picking up his blanket with Georgie in it. He wiped some tears from his eyes as he started to slowly back away, a limp in his step.

"Go!" His father shouted once more.

Levi ran while sniffling and crying. He didn't know where he was running, he just ran as far away from home as possible. It was really hard, as there were shards of glass digging into his back and his legs hurt like hell. Not to mention this was making his asthma flare up, and he didn't have any treatment whatsoever.

Eventually, he slowed down and actually took notice of his surroundings. He recognized the street he was on, the houses, everything.

He'd unconsciously run to Jeremy's house. He was still crying, although he let out a relieved sigh as he went and knocked on the door.

Jeremy heard a knock on the door. Who would've been there this early? Nevermind why he was up himself, that wasn't important. He quietly stepped down the stairs, going to the door and opening it slowly. As soon as he did, Levi practically collapsed in his arms, sobbing heavily. Well, it was a mix of wheezing, coughing, and crying, a very bad mix. Jeremy caught him, a look of confusion and concern on his face. Did Levi have burn marks? What was going on?

"Woah, woah, babe, calm down. Shh... shh... What happened?" He spoke softly, rubbing Levi's back. Levi yelped and buried his head in the other's shoulder. Jeremy yanked his hand away. He hadn't meant to hurt him. He led Levi inside and sat down with him on the couch. He got him to mostly stop crying and take a few deep breaths to get his breathing regular.

"My- my house caught fire because of my dad... I had to jump from the window... my dad- he blamed me and kicked me out..." His breath sped up again as he started to spiral. "I-I don't know where I'm gonna stay, I don't have any stuff because of the fire, and I lost Huey-"

Jeremy comforted him again. "Levi, baby, calm down, okay? Let's solve one problem at a time. Cmon, let's go up to my room, I'll help you clean up, okay?" Jeremy tilted Levi's head up.

Levi nodded. "Okay... thank you..."

"It's okay, you don't need to thank me. I'm your boyfriend, it's my job." He sighed a little as he brushed at the soot on Levi's face.

Levi nodded and got up with Jeremy, the two going up to his room. After a painful half an hour, they'd gotten all the glass out of his back and Levi had washed up, so he no longer smelled of smoke.

Afterwards, Jeremy and Levi looked with the help of Jeremy's father for an apartment they'd be able to rent together. They'd even put together enough money to get Huey back from the pound. And they lived together happily ever after. ♡

Cheesy ending but i didn't know what else to put lmfao.