☀️ Oneshot 13- Raine x Royce ☀️

Fluff

Royce had been exploring the area around the lake for a potions project, looking for lichen. He was looking behind some rocks when he noticed a flickering light. Royce carefully made his way towards the light, curious as to what it could be. He lifted a few rocks. His eyes widened as he found the sky lanterns he and Raine, his best friend, had sent into the air a few months ago. Well, only one. And there was writing on the side, so it must have been Raine's. Royce knew he probably should've just left it, but what would it hurt to read it? Of course there was the superstition that when someone tells you their wish it won't come true... but it never said anything about reading a wish. Royce gently picked up the lantern, reading the small block of text Raine had scribbled down on the side.

'dear royce,
         i want you to know that there's no one who can replace you. the way you look, the way you give me hugs when i need it the most, and the way you listen to me, i don't think anyone could could come close to how kind you are to me. every day seems like a dream since we've met. i feel so lucky to have you as my friend. so, i just wanted to say i love you, and i wish that one day you'll find this. but even if you don't, hopefully you love me too.
      raine t.'

Royce's breath hitched as he read the letter, however he smiled softly looking down at it. Of course he loved Raine too. Raine was his entire world and he'd always had a 'small' crush on them...

He felt that he needed to tell Raine immediately that their wish had came true and he'd found their letter, and tell them that he loved them too. He thought of the most likely place they'd be and remembered that they liked to skateboard a lot. He made sure the lantern stayed safe and intact as he ran to the skate park in London where the two had met.

Raine was indeed there, taking a break on a bench. Royce practically tackled them in a hug, sighing happily as he breathed in the familiar mint blueberry scent of his best friend.

Raine laughed, looking over to Royce as they hugged him back. "Hey?- You okay?-"

"I love you too, I love you," Royce mumbled into Raine's shoulder, burying his face there as he held them closer.

Raine tilted their head, clueless as to what was up with Royce. They looked around and their eyes landed on the recognizable lantern from before. They softly smiled, vaguely remembering what they'd wrote on it and hugging Royce back.
"I love you too."