1.

Chapter One

May 17, 1998

May 17, 1998

    Darkness consumed her senses as Cerys opened her eyes. A defeating silence rang through her ears as she desperately tried to look around, but she wasn't sure where up, down, left or right was, in fact, she wasn't sure if she could feel her body anymore as the darkness began to panic her. Her heart began to beat faster, breaths coming out short. Where in Merlin's name was she? How did she get here?

    "Help me." A child's voice called from a far. He sounded scared, helpless and very much... familiar.

   "Who is it?" Cerys exclaimed, thankful for a moment she could speak.

   "Help me!" The boy called again.

   Cerys shakily took a step towards what seemed like forward, not knowing where exactly she was going. She was about to call out again until she could see the darkness beginning to grow lighter, a white, mist like light forming in the distance. Her eyebrows furrowed as she saw a little opening of white light, two small hands, almost barely visible, reaching out for her.

   "Help me!" The boy's cries got louder. "Cerys! Save me from him!"

   Cerys' legs started to run towards the light, her heart leaping to her throat. Arms and shoulders were soon seen before a face appeared. A young boy with light brown hair, tears streaming down his plump cheeks as he begged Cerys with her eyes. Fear was the only emotion residing in his brown eyes, pure, raw fear. A fear that had your skin crawling, that made your heart lodge itself into your throat.

   The girl immediately recognized him. "Will! I'm coming!" She called, anxiety rising up from her stomach, clawing at her insides painfully, the light only getting farther and farther with her every step.

   Another figure stepped up from behind William, wand pressed against his back, his black robes the only thing she was able to make out. "Yes, help him." A raspy voice taunted. Sick satisfaction and cruelty laced the man's words, showing exactly what kind of personality those words belonged to.

   "Cerys! Why aren't you coming!" William hiccuped, desperate and terrified.

   "I'm coming, I swear!" Tears welled up in her brown eyes. Her heart hurt, goosebumps beginning to form on her skin as bile rises up to her throat.

   "Join me, and help your little brother, Cerys." The raspy voice said, his wand pressing into William's back harder, causing him to cry out in fear. "Or he shall die."