20.

Chapter Twenty

November 24th, 1943

November 24th, 1943

The days passed by fairly slow, the winter days and nights growing chillier and harsher, attacking students with all they had. The wind whistled loudly outside of the transfiguration classroom, the windows slamming against their frames despite the fact that they were closed. A storm seemed to be on the verge, thick, heavy clouds ready to burst with a blizzard.

"It's getting pretty chilly out, eh?" Evan said from besides her as the class waited not so patiently on a twinkling blue eyed wizard.

"Yeah. I heard Lestrange got frost bite." Cerys said, causing Rosier to snicker.

"Serves him right too. He thought he would go unpunished for pranking me the other day. Mother Nature avenged me." Cerys rolled her eyes.

"What did he do to you anyways?" She has only heard of Reinhard Lestrange pranking Evan Rosier, but the boy refused to say what he did. She guessed he was too embraced to say so.

"It isn't important." Evan muttered, rubbing the back of his neck. Cerys bumped into his shoulder teasingly.

   "Come on, you won't even tell me?" Evan shook his head, pursing his lips together, as though sealing them from saying a word. Cerys rolled her eyes. "It can't be that bad. What's the worse he could do?" Poking his cheek, Cerys tried to elicit an answer from him.

Rosier slapped her hand away. "Don't touch my previous skin with your dirty hands. God knows the type of germs they have." He said, rubbing his cheek with the sleeve of his sweater.

Cerys smiled evilly. "Looks like I've found a weakness. Tell me before I destroy your precious face with my hands." Holding her hands out threateningly, Cerys slowly brought them closer to his face.

"Alright, alright! He sent me a letter in the name of a girl."

Cerys blinked, dropping her hands. That was all? She thought it would be a horrific prank that would have had her falling off her chair. "That's all?"

"Well, from a girl I—... like." The whisper from Rosier's lips was as quiet as a mouse, and if it weren't for the fact that Cerys was sitting right besides him, she was sure she wouldn't have heard.

Her eyes grew wide, a large grin on her face. "What did it say?" She didn't bother asking about the girl, she knew he wouldn't tell her, not ye at least.

"The girl, or Lestrange, was basically asking me to meet her at the astronomy tower." Evan's voice was quiet, his finger gently tracing patterns on the old wood of the desk. You could see his cheeks slowly gaining colour. Cerys stifled a laugh. "I went there only to be met Lestrange." Evan shuddered at the memory...

He stood patiently at the astronomy tower, his foot tapping anxiously. Rosier couldn't help the excitement that threatened to burst out of his chest. He rubbed his hands together in efforts to warm them from the cold. All of a sudden, he could hear footsteps from behind him, they were close, very close. Before he could turn around, arms wrapped around him, and he practically jumped out of his skin when a male's voice spoke tauntingly;